All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 29th, 2017, 1:05 am 

Cerydon, Guardian of Casadia,

As you are now aware, the Ealdorman of Östlaed is on a path of total control. The Östron armed forces are widely thought to be second to none in overall strength at this time, in particular its navy. I have heard reports from black market smugglers that the threat of an Östron blockade has scared many away from markets in Petra Nova already. Kingdoms, Duchies, and Counties in the east are arming and preparing for war.

They do so justly. I believe it is his intention to make war with any nation that interferes with the trade between Östlaed and any nation he has signed a “Treaty of Understanding” with. I also believe that he is more than capable of knocking at any nation’s fighting capability within weeks of the beginning of a war - more than ample time to prevent a large international coalition from gathering a significant enough host to attack him head on.

I believe it is time for me to exercise my noble right to prevent such a calamity from occurring. I have received pledges of allegiance in forming a coalition of Östron tribes against the Ealdorman from the Thanes of Entshire, Gourdshire, Gelderlond, Wiccaweald Farthing, and parts of Acholm Farthing.

However, I have little to no control over the bulk of the naval forces. I shall possibly need the assistance of nearby nations to wage a war on the Ealdorman’s forces from all sides, as pitched battle is not possible to win at this point in time. I would hope that your forces could march from Avatarati and meet mine near Gwyntoft, where we could march together and defeat this menace to the balance of Imperial peace, prosperity, and wealth.

This correspondence was sent securely by way of my contacts in Arnum. I hope to hear from you soon.

Yours in Imperial peace,
Gröteorl Cerdic Accynnafon.

PostPosted: January 29th, 2017, 3:08 am 
Duke

To Cerdic Accynafon,

It seems we share a great deal of concern over your brother’s actions. Should his aggressive tactics continue, something must be done. It is my view, however, that a peaceful resolution might still be found. I intend to speak with the Ealdorman soon to discuss rethinking his policies pursuant of peace.

If the Ealdorman ignores my advice and continues to sow violence and tension, I may reconsider my stance and send forces to your aid. To that end, I will call the First Guard to arms to enable swift action. I have also sent word to Casad Vokh for a company of Shields to be sent to Ankylos. Should war come, Casadia shall be ready.

I hope this letter reaches you in good health,

Cerydon
Guardian of Casadia

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 7:49 pm 
Duke

To Ealdorman Cerdic Accynafon,

I was gladdened to hear that you escaped incarceration by your brother. Level heads will be needed, as it seems your brother’s madness is beginning to spread to other realms. I fear that if not kept in check, your brother’s sentiments will embolden other usurpers and rebels as it has in Ertia.

It seems that war can no longer be avoided. As you may have heard, the monastery in Arnum was temporarily seized by an unknown force. They killed all within, save a handful of knights who managed to escape. Though I have little proof, I believe the attackers were working in collusion with your brother. If it his desire to sow chaos, his rule must be brought to an end.

As I write, the final preparations are being made for an army of Istrateri and Vokh Anthreri to march north to Gwyntoft. They number some three thousand, including five hundred lancers. Should you require Casadia’s aid in reuniting your people and restoring peace to these lands, you shall have it. You need only say the word.

I hope this letter reaches you in good health and safety.

Cerydon
Guardian of Casadia

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 8:53 pm 

Cerydon, Guardian of Casadia,

Thank you for your promise of assistance. I will instruct my scouts to meet your forces in Avatarati to guide them and discuss strategy. Östlæd's forces significantly outnumber Östlond's - estimates at this time indicate I am outnumbered by almost two to one. Your forces will be needed. I have heard tales of their bravery, capabilities, and fierceness. It is no wonder my mother's kindred settled near your people many years ago - we share the same passion to defend peace and prosperity.

I encourage you to avoid Östron navies for the time, however. We are working on establishing how much of the fleets are large are with us, and who are against us. Many of those that serve on the open oceans depend on trade, and this war will harm that. We feel optimistic that much of the navy will fly our flag in the weeks to come. However, with such uncertainty, it may be prudent to defend, rather than go on the offensive until that time has come.

I cannot thank you enough for your assistance and strength. Casadia is an honorable nation, and we will always be in your debt.

I look forward to meeting you in person once ocean travel has become safe.

Yours in Imperial peace,
Ealdorman Cerdic Accynnafon of Östlond