All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 1st, 2016, 1:12 am 
King

Assembly Reactions To Rouissant's Manifesto
As collected anonymously by Assembly scribes.

---

In regards to Rouissant's Manifesto - such as it is - I would say that disapproval is currently mixed with confusion in the Assembly. Members of the Assembly who have not immediately flared up with anger are left puzzled and bemused by Rouissant's suggestion. Is he suggesting that Wysteria return to a system of full hereditary rule, or that Sean merely be recognized as Minister? For him to have a life term as with Nicholas II? What would the consequences be for the Assembly? Has anyone, least of all Rouissant, approached Sean himself?

---

Disgraceful to use this platform in such a way. In between Rouissant's flowery language, he made reference to a 'perversion' both of the Assembly and of the late Nicholas's ideals. I couldn't have said it better myself.

---

Finally, a candidate who recognizes the obvious stumbling blocks in the current, messy election process, and proposes an indisputable means of restoring stability. He will have my vote.

---

I'm sure the legals are scrambling to work this one out. Sean, I suppose, has a unique connection to and possible legitimacy for recognition as the leader of Wysteria - but who would have dreamed that this idea would be discussed?

---

Seeking, in what I'm sure he views as his moral and personal duty, to stabilize the election process and provide a clear option, Rouissant has dramatically succeeded in destabilizing the dynamics of political legitimacy within the Assembly and making the way forward murkier.

---

I bear no ill will towards Rouissant for his words today - while others may be quick to condemn him, I shall remind anyone who asks that Wysteria was founded on an ideal of freedom of expression and that the Assembly, above all, must seek to exemplify that. That said, I don't doubt that Rouissant has done himself some personal political damage today. I don't expect him command much confidence for the vote for Minister - which, I assure you, shall be going forward.

---

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2016, 1:12 am 
King

Wysterian Assembly: Election Day 3

--- SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ---

As of approximately 2:30 this afternoon, just minutes before scheduled to deliver his Manifesto to the Wysterian Assembly concerning his contention for the Ministership, Member of the Assembly Pyre Enciane has been arrested by the Wysterian Guard in Gallen. The first-term Member of the Assembly for Southern Shores, a low-density constituency that collects all small settlements and outposts directly outside of Port Vielstine across the Sea of Reflection, is currently being held for questioning concerning his involvement in what is believed to be an attempted foreign interference in Wysteria's first democratic election. Captain Mathson of the Wysterian Guard today made the following statement:

As of this moment, Pyre Enciane is being held for questioning concerning what we believe to be an attempted foreign involvement in the election currently underway in the Wysterian Assembly. This belief was reached through an investigation spanning approximately 3 weeks which examined correspondence between individuals known to us both inside and outside Wysteria. We are unable at this time to reveal any further details concerning the scope or full intentions of this incident.

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2016, 1:18 am 

I suspect Moldan has something to do with this!

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2016, 3:19 pm 
King

Vigilance is at the heart of any strong Realm. Stay watchful, Wysteria.

PostPosted: December 9th, 2016, 9:52 pm 
King

Wysterian Assembly: Election Day 4

--- Special Announcement ---

Early this morning, a message was delivered by a scribe from Gallen University to the front desk of the Wysterian Assembly. The message, penned by Sean Scrayven (the son of the late Duke now holding a position as Master of the Observatory at the University), discusses the Manifesto delivered by candidate for the Ministership Alin Rouissant, who publicly and controversially called for Sean to assume the leadership of Wysteria.

The text of the message is as follows:

------

To the Members of the Assembly:

Greetings. Having been alerted to the uproar caused by the words of candidate Rouissant - it must clearly be noted that I had no knowledge of his words and indeed only caught on to them days after his announcement, it seems that I am not in much of a position to ignore this issue. I would like the Assembly as a whole to know that I am a strong supporter of the current experiments in elected democracy currently being conducted within the Assembly; I am privileged to know, better than most, the lengths to which my late father pushed for this for our great realm. This is the kind of democracy that allows any member of the Assembly, including Rouissant, to put themselves forward for the Ministership, and to express any opinions, however controversial.

But it is with the goal of upholding a democratic system which both my late father and I firmly support that I say unequivocally that I will not be contending in any way, shape, or form, for the leadership of Wysteria in any form, elected or otherwise.

I wish you, and indeed Wysteria as a whole, the best of luck in this historic process.

Sincerely,

Sean Scrayven

------

With the reveal of this information, it has been speculated that Rouissant will have lost a good deal of credibility in contention for the Ministership.

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: December 9th, 2016, 10:02 pm 

Nooooooooo!

PostPosted: December 30th, 2016, 11:19 pm 
King

Wysterian Assembly: Election Day 5

Presentation Of Candidates' Manifestos

Kan Abernathy - Minister For Imperial Diplomacy, Assembly Member For Gallen (Ambassadorial Row)

Kan Abernathy is an old hand in the Wysterian Assembly. Minister for Imperial Diplomacy for the past 14 years in the Labourer's Council of the late Duke Nicholas II, he has great experience both in the workings of the Assembly and the nature of Wysteria's myriad relationships - political, military, economic, etc - with realms across the Empire and has negotiated more than a few of them; having served as a Member for his Gallen constituency for 6 terms, he is also one of the longest-serving Members of the Assembly. Abernathy worked closely with the late Duke in matters of foreign affairs, and is well known as supporting Nicholas's ideals of peaceful political cooperation and diplomacy through expansive trade; Abernathy was part of the initial delegation sent to open the Merchant's Guild Post in Acholm, and was a key proponent of the scheme to increase production of the Clipper-Class trading vessel. In contrast, less is known about Abernathy's domestic priorities; he is known to support the positive effects international trade has had on Gallen's economy, but has also received some criticism in the past for not placing as much emphasis on the needs of Wysteria's outlying, prominently agrarian counties. As a veteran of the Assembly, Abernathy is estimated to draw relatively high support.

------

Members of the Assembly, Chief Purveyor, Spectators; it is with great appreciation and humble honor that I stand before you today to announce my candidacy for the Ministership of the Wysterian Assembly.

We stand on the cusp of greatness, friends. In the centuries since the first bricks were laid in the foundations of the hallowed chamber in which we stand today, our world has experienced incredible growth. Where Ender soil lay barren and forsaken, a great manufactory today represents the culmination of years of international cooperation in which Wysteria played a starring role. Where even the Empire’s most complete legal records were in disarray after the tremors of the Dark Age, the Imperial Libraries today hold fully modernized Acts that shall be used to guide the legal processes of our world for generations to come – all penned by the Wysterian legal scholars that have cemented our reputation as second to none in the field. Where still waterways and small barges once provided our only contact with the outside world, proud and powerful vessels fly flags from dozens of realms as they connect our capital to a rich and prosperous network of maritime commerce. Wysteria, from Gallen to Graycott, Vryth to Maes, has become a gleaming beacon of the East – a promise of the potential, the possibility, the productivity that occurs when a people are determined to forge a destiny that shall light the way for those to come.

There can, of course, be no better testament to this than our ascension to the status of Kingdom of the Empire. This, my friends, is the goal that the late Duke strived for - he dedicated every fibre of his being to seeing the realm he had cultivated for so long succeed in this final trial, and though he cannot be here to see it we know in our hearts that he would wish for nothing else than to see his dream made reality. This same goal has also been my work; for over a decade in my capacity as Minister for Imperial Diplomacy, I have pushed tirelessly in forging the valuable international connections that have allowed us to gain the confidence of the international community. As we have reached out to the international community and broadened our horizons through economic, political, social, and cultural outreach, we have seen our fortunes and our standing in the Empire grow greatly. We have established Merchant’s Posts from Concordia in the West to Acholm in the East, and found new destinations for exports as we established a presence in new ports. We have emerged as a mighty defender, a valiant symbol of peace, order, and cooperation in these increasingly turbulent geopolitical times, as our peacekeepers and international observers proved an example to the Empire in the midst of the Minervan-Khabranthian conflict and our skilled diplomats worked tirelessly to diffuse conflict lest we stray from the peaceful path that has guided Wysteria to prosperity for generations. We have expanded our understanding of and our diplomatic contacts with realms and peoples across Hermertia, assisted in the establishment of independent settlements, and welcomed newcomers to our own realm – all work I am proud to say follows the founding principles of Wysteria, the sacred trust that each Minister must uphold: to broaden our knowledge through perspective.

And so we are indeed on the cusp of greatness, friends! We have come so far, achieved so much, and yet it is now that we stand at perhaps our greatest test yet: the selection of a Minister who will pledge themselves to uphold these great principles and to stand by them as they take on this sacred trust to lead our realm into a new day.

And so, I ask humbly for your vote in electing myself to this great responsibility. I ask that you allow me to continue on the work that has brought Wysteria to its greatest heights. I ask that, together, we see our grand and brave realm continue on its prosperous course, and continue to be spoken of with admiration throughout the Empire.

Thank you.

------

Enthusiastic applause.

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: December 31st, 2016, 8:47 pm 
Count

We Kan do it!

Student of the Gildscype Scytera (Archers' Guild)