All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: November 6th, 2016, 12:08 am 
King

I know salt when I see it. I know because I am the definition of salt You guys are mean.

PostPosted: November 6th, 2016, 1:37 am 
King

As CB#33 re: The International Rules of War Act has been law for some time now, Casadian combatants are fully within their rights to post a public declaration of surrender in this Court - our law requires us to respect these requests. As I was not present, I cannot attest as to the circumstances surrounding this conflict, but Ostlaed is legally obligated to recognize and respect a request for surrender.

The law stipulates that combatants requesting surrender in the manner that Cerydon has done (publicly, clearly, in the Judicial Court) shall immediately be granted this request and shall henceforth be considered out of bounds for combat, transported to jail if necessary and/or appropriate. If a combatant refuses to recognize legal terms of surrender, they are sadly in active contradiction of the Rules of War Act.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: November 6th, 2016, 1:43 am 
King

Thank you Nicholas. How will this proceed?

PostPosted: November 6th, 2016, 1:50 am 

There was no combat that took place after the surrender. A pit had already been dug before the surrender had been posted. The pit was dug after the enemy combat logged.

PostPosted: November 6th, 2016, 1:55 am 
King

I mean, this is why we have our independent international observers. I wasn't there, but I'm guessing you were Sir - as a trusted and neutral member of the Council you can shed light on the circumstances surrounding this, as cans, of course, all involved parties.

How did Cerydon die? Was it from wholly natural causes, or was it to some degree caused by combat? If Cerydon feels that he died because his request to surrender was not respected as it legally should have been, he has the right and the prerogative to bring a criminal charge against Ostaled in regards to their contravening the War Act, essentially tantamount to a War Crime, in which case we'd have a reasonably clear-cut trial. If, on the other hand, Cerydon feels that he would have died regardless of the surrender, or that he doesen't care to pursue charges, he doesen't have to.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: November 6th, 2016, 2:03 am 

Much of it is on recording thanks to Johannsen.

I think this is how things happened:

He combat logged after we had him down to 2 hearts and stuck in cobwebs. We dug a pit to kill him. He asked that we not kill him at this time. He logged back in, fell down, didn't die ( was only about 10 blocks). I don't remember if he posted this official surrender before or after combat logging the second time. Johannsen's recording could tell us that for sure. We dug the pit a bit further, but stopped at a point. He willingly logged back in, and died. We put all of his stuff back in a chest near the deathsite. Some nasty things were then said, including personal things, from Cerydon on discord.

I am willing to help Cerydon with the project we interrupted (he was renovating some roads across his Duchy) if he so wishes, as a sincere apology. This includes providing some materials as well.

If he wishes to bring it to trial, to make the guilt official, because the facts prove we dug the pit further after his official surrender, I'll plead guilty with no issues.

However, if it comes to trial, I will be pressing charges of my own for things said after the war was over. I'd prefer not for those things said by Cerydon to be aired publicly, however. The war was meant in good fun, and perhaps a bit of dickishness after comments made by Cerydon on a pretty regular basis. It didn't need to become personal.

PostPosted: November 6th, 2016, 2:18 am 
Duke

The pit continued to be dug after a surrender was given. I am considering pressing charges per the Do Not Be a Dink Act. Yes, I said some things that I regret and were well out of line (it all came out wrong and in anger), but still the act of wonton killing of other players is well outside of the spirit of this server.

PostPosted: November 6th, 2016, 2:39 am 
Count

As for the recording I can either post a link to it or send it to individuals, the moments in the recording where it is silent is where I was talking. My setup was recording my headphone output so obviously you would be able to hear me but you do get to enjoy all the sounds from my game!

PostPosted: November 6th, 2016, 2:49 am 
King

I wasn't present for this Nicholas , I've been offline since yesterday.

PostPosted: November 6th, 2016, 3:11 am 
Count

*opens chrome*
*enters Hermertia forums*
*Clicks on active threads*
Oh shit we are at war with ostlaed!
*keeps reading*
Ok, its over.

CASADIA STRONK