All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Trial of The Regent
PostPosted: October 1st, 2016, 10:04 pm 
Duke

The Trial took place mid-day today on 00-04 522 AI Cycle of the Tide. The trial was overseen by Justice Minister, Judge Siden Rua of DorEryn. The prosecutor representing the Imperial Court was Duke Mark Accynnafon of Ostlead and the defense representing The Kingdom of Minerva was The Regent. The Regent of Minerva proceeded to plead guilty on all charges.

The Regent was sentenced to the following

1. The title of the Regent of the Empire is to be abandoned including any of its titles power and influence now or at anytime in the future.
2. You are required to assist in the reconstruction and renovation of the library of Hermertia. (Website)
3. You cannot serve as the elected or un-elected Emperor of the Mercurian Empire now or at anytime in the future.
4. Your voting powers as a King of the Council of the Crowned will be revoked for 3 mercannums with a probation period 1.5 mercannums whereby the council of the crowned can vote to restore voting powers early via a early unanimous vote.

The transcript from the Trial can be seen below:

theregent - Today at 2:52 PM
Greetings allies.
Siden Rua - Today at 2:52 PM
Everybody to their seats, trial will be beginning shortly
theregent - Today at 3:01 PM
I, The Regent, King of the United Kingdom of Greater Minerva, is representing the crimes of the past Regent, 37th, of the then Kingdom of Minerva. Our nation is solemnly ashamed of our past actions, and humbly turn to the community for due process, justice, and reconciliation.
Siden Rua - Today at 3:03 PM
By the power invested in me, Duke Siden Rua of the Grand Duchy of DorEryn, by the Council of the Crowned of the Mercurian Empire, and by the election of myself as Justice Minister of the Mercurian Empire, I hereby call this trial to order.
Today the nobles of the Mercurian Empire, represented by Prosecuter Duke Mark Accynnafon of House Accynnafon of the Grand Duchy of Ostlaed present their charges against the Regent of Greater Minerva for the crimes of the past Regent, 37th of the Kingdom of Minerva
The Proceedings shall now begin with pledges of honesty to the judicial traditions of the Mercurian Empire.
Mark Accynnafon, do you give your word to tell the truth the whole truth, and nothing but the truth in accordance with the judicial traditions of the Mercurian Empire?
if so answer i so give my word
MarkAccynnafon - Today at 3:09 PM
I so give my word.
Siden Rua - Today at 3:09 PM
King Regent, do you give your word to tell the truth the whole truth, and nothing but the truth in accorrdance with the judicial traditions of the Mercurian Empire?
if so answer i so give my word
theregent - Today at 3:09 PM
I so give my word
Siden Rua - Today at 3:10 PM
At this time i request the prosecution to present the charges against the defendant.
MarkAccynnafon - Today at 3:11 PM
The nobles of the Mercurian Empire would like to present the following charges against the defense:
78 Counts of illegitimately replicating existing Hermertian buildings
57 Counts of illegitimately replicating the buildings of non-Hermertians
2 Counts of illegitimately replicating original prefabricated buildings from outside of Hermertia
Abuse of Server Plugins (Nether Grass)
Termination of the server without communicating any notice to the community
That concludes the charges.
Siden Rua - Today at 3:12 PM
I will now ask the Defense how they will plead to each individual crime.
King Regent, how do you plead to 78 Counts of illegitimately replicating existing Hermertian buildings
theregent - Today at 3:13 PM
Guilty
Siden Rua - Today at 3:13 PM
King Regent, how do you plead to 57 Counts of illegitimately replicating the buildings of non-Hermertians
theregent - Today at 3:13 PM
Guilty
Siden Rua - Today at 3:14 PM
King Regent, how do you plead to 2 Counts of illegitimately replicating original prefabricated buildings from outside of Hermertia
theregent - Today at 3:14 PM
Guilty
Siden Rua - Today at 3:14 PM
King Regent, how do you plead to Abuse of Server Plugins (Nether Grass)
theregent - Today at 3:14 PM
technical innaccuracies aside (it was done the same means as the others, NOT through a plugin), I nonetheless plead guilty
Siden Rua - Today at 3:15 PM
King Regent, how do you plead to Termination of the server without communicating any notice to the community
theregent - Today at 3:16 PM
My defense wishes me to plead innocent, as this was unclear and they argued untrue. But for the sake of reconciliation, I, as the Regent, King of Minerva, plead guilty nonetheless
Siden Rua - Today at 3:19 PM
By the power invested in me, Duke Siden Rua, house Rua of the Grand Duchy of DorEryn, by the Council of the Crowned of the Mercurian Empire, and by the Election of myself as Justice Minister of the Mercurian Empire, I sentence you, King Regent of Minerva to abide by the following terms:...
1. The title of the Regent of the Empire is to be abandoned including any of its titles power and influence now or at anytime in the future.
2. You are required to assist in the reconstruction and renovation of the library of Hermertia.
3. You cannot serve as the elected or un-elected Emperor of the Mercurian Empire now or at anytime in the future
theregent - Today at 3:22 PM
??
Siden Rua - Today at 3:24 PM
4. Your voting powers as a King of the Council of the Crowned will be revoked for 3 mercannums with a probation period 1.5 mercannums whereby the council of the crowned can vote to restore voting powers early via a early unanimous vote.
This Sentence is the result of the discussion of the entire current council of the Crowned and a majority of the House of Dukes.
Do you agree to abide by these terms?
theregent - Today at 3:26 PM
I will obey them. But let it be known, the 3rd one is arguably unconstitutional. So don't be surprised if sometime in the future, it is argued in a court of law that the sentence be struck down. I will not, as the current Regent of Minerva, proceed with this. I accept the sentence, despite its unconstitutionality
Siden Rua - Today at 3:27 PM
At this time, I call the trail to an end. Thank you nobles of Hermertia for attending, this court is now adjourned
theregent - Today at 3:27 PM
Thank you peers

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2016, 12:05 am 
Duke

Some pictures from the trial

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2016, 10:42 am 
Duke

Im not sure if the problem is with my browser, but the pictures you posted are showing as broken links for me Gimpy

- Recipient of the Pyrencian Good Effort Award
- 2016 Winner of the 'Medal of S'alright'
- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2016, 10:44 am 
King

Same for me. Thanks for the recount and images from all present.

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2016, 4:53 pm 
King

Fixed links for Gimpy's photos, use the direct photo links next time.

Blood of the Ancient Kingdom of Isilioth
Grandmaster of the Drachenfeuer Order.

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2016, 6:24 pm 
Duke

I used the wrong ones and then fixed it, but they got reverted some how lol

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine