All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Alcona Region
PostPosted: September 27th, 2016, 8:11 pm 
King

Greetings allies,

Minerva and Valtoros have been hard at work realizing long-held dreams of expanding the docklands in the Alcona region, including the development of the Portaig region (officially named Nua Portaig, aka, New Bogtown). Reminescent of our two nations' past, with Gnosis and Bogtown, the region is expanding rapidly on both sides of the border/shores.

Nestled deep in a river biome, but with well cut and navigatable canals, it is a safe place for many to harbour. And the many institutions in Alcona and now Portaig are attracting much growth. Our goal is to connect to the main arteries of the world. Exciting.

Most recently, Valtoros has erected the beginnings of a bustling town (screenshots will follow), a gatehouse over the canal/border is complete, new ships are arriving, and even the Skyhold has set up a merchant guild. Today, Minerva announced the openning of a road that circumanvigates the north side of the bay, which will enable more docks and more ships. It also allows for trade on foot and cart, rather than ferries as was the old tradition. Much more progress to follow!

Lore off: Man I love journeymap! Good suggestion everyone. I still stuck at it though and took a shot with the UI, cuz I'm a noob.

Post subject: Re: Alcona Region
PostPosted: September 27th, 2016, 8:14 pm 
King

Next up, expect within the next year (in-game time) for the canals to be widened further (and new canals to be dug to the ocean), so some of the largest class ships can squeeze in (even if still requiring a pilot to navigate in. The goal is to rectify this requirement one day though.

(lore off, the canals are too thin, but my OCD is triggered as a result, so I'll be spending my spare time fixing that)

PostPosted: September 27th, 2016, 10:20 pm 
Duke

The place is absolutely gorgeous and is really starting to take shape, can't wait to build a ship!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: September 28th, 2016, 3:24 pm 
King

Thanks good friend and old ally of both Minerva and Valtoros. Your recent delegation to the region was thoroughly enjoyable. Seeing you and Samyrrah soar the skies about, helping survey and establish further international connections, is a strong memory already, helping mark the beginning of this exciting new chapter for the region.

PostPosted: September 29th, 2016, 10:46 am 
King

It truly is. My ancestors had a significant input into certain regions of Minerva and Valtoros. I myself have not visited since coming into leadership of my House and my people. I was met by fellow Council members, King Kyn and the Regent of Minerva, who showed me historical records of my predecessors work In the historically thriving region of the Golden Crescent, with the mysterious Skyhold being of particular interest, the snow elves of the Guild surprised to see another of their kind show up from so far away.

A new Skyhold office was added to the Alcona area, being the first New construction of the guild in hundreds of years, marking the end of an era of obscurity and the start of a resurgence for the guild. The Skyholder Syrah deGaul may have disappeared generations ago but her work and ideals live on.

Skyfire and Skyhold members have been in contact with each other and have proposed a joint venture together, training each other in slaying undead and the art of the Haukk .