All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 15th, 2017, 3:14 pm 
Count

I have long since noticed that something was missing from my life, yet I have been unable to say what it was. It wasn’t until I overheard talking with Karliah about Souls and Reincarnation that I figured it out. I was missing faith. I declared an emergency meeting of The Ten and declared that I was retreating from public life for some time and that the council was in charge until I came back. There was protest but I explained the importance of my task and they soon quietened. I escaped into my study with the strict orders that the only one who could interrupt me was my wife, Elizabeth.

I was away for months, writing, remembering, and praying. The fruits of my labour was a book that held all that I knew of my family’s ancient practices; the First God and how when He died He reincarnated into every other God in existence. I had written down rituals, a hierarchy, prayers, and practices, everything an organised religion needed. In that moment a religion was born, and I named it Esmyrism.

Excerpt from the Book of Esmyrism:
“When the First God died He said unto his followers that He shall return, and that all Gods whom they later worshipped shall be Him in a new form. The First God is All, All is the First God.”

It is upon these Sacred Words that the religion is founded. Though the First God is dead, His Soul lives on. Every living creature has a part of His Soul in them, granting us the gift of reincarnation. For a long time the Rite of Burial has been ignored, but from henceforth up death a Teacher shall prepare the body for reincarnation.
The Hierarchy of Esmyrism is as follows:

The Ruler of Erikos is permanently the Grand Teacher, and it is their responsibility to guide all those below him or her. Furthermore, it is up to them to write religious texts to expand upon the Religion and its teachings. The Priests of the Soul are the second highest and act as rulers of Esmyrisian Districts where they control all Teachers and Gurus in the District. Teachers are the “handymen” so to speak, performing most of the daily tasks of the faith. Their jobs include Marriage, Rites’ of Burial, and Ringing of the Bells, amongst many others. Gurus on the other hand offer the most spiritual advice to the common Practitioners. They also translate and distribute the Book of Esmyrism. Practitioners of the Faith are equal to Non-Practitioners, this is a core belief of the Faith, as all are equal; all have a part of the First Gods soul inside of theirs.

Though the texts are not yet fully complete, I have returned to my role as Count of Erikos with the new title of Grand Teacher. Today a new faith is born within the empire, today a new leaf has been turned in Erikos.

Master of Trade in the Katoraktonion Sea.

PostPosted: January 15th, 2017, 4:02 pm 
Duke

A well developed and interesting religious point of view. It has some parallels with the animism practiced by many of the Gathered, which presumes that all things have spirit.