All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2017, 8:14 pm 
Count

I struck the gavel hard against the glossy wood to bring the meeting to a close. This was the first time I brought about The Ten to discuss matters of policy. It was made up myself, Master Tehlmar, and 8 other advisors. In the first meeting we discussed many important things. “Tehal, read to us what was discussed” I commanded the scribe whom I had given the task of writing down what was said. “Yes sir” he cleared his throat “firstly you appointed Master Tehlmar the Grand Master of the Merchants Militia.” I nodded my head and gave Tehlmar a glance; he was by far the most skilled soldier and definitely deserving of the title. “We then discussed your second-in-command, the Grand Lieutenant, you decided it should be elected with two Mercannum terms. However since it is short notice and the only one eligible to put their names forward is Tehlmar, you decided to grant him the title to serve one term. Furthermore, the first elections for the title have been scheduled for two months from this date.” Some of the advisors still looked sour over this, feeling that Tehlmar was becoming too powerful within the realm. I darted them looks and they soon straightened up.

“Please continue Tehal,” I said softly. The wrinkled scribe once again cleared his throat and continued reading from his parchment of paper. “We then went on to discuss matters of navy. Since the first Erikosian built ship has been finished thanks to Thomas,” Tehar and I both looked over at Thomas, an excellent ship designer, and I gave him a nod of appreciation, “You suggested the organisation of the navy. It was Petrosiph who suggested having two. You then decided on the Merchants Navy and the Grand Navy, with the prefix of Erikos Trade Vessel and Erikos War Vessel respectively. This was by far the most agreed upon idea.” All but one advisor disagreed with the idea, showing it to be the most popular. “The final agenda was the capital my liege. You declared that expansion should begin shortly, but not just on land, and that floating districts should be built into the Katoraktonion Sea.” I nodded my head in agreement. I rose from my seat at the head of the table and declared the meeting fully over, and allowed every to leave to their houses.

Left: Grand Navy, Right: Merchants Navy

Master of Trade in the Katoraktonion Sea.

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2017, 2:34 am 
King

A grand venture for a fledgling realm. May it be a great success!