All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 7th, 2016, 9:35 pm 
King

Follow up, i'm not against contract law being added at all! (although I won't take leadership on pushing such a reform). However, it seems that it would be a new law and therefore it would need to go through the normal procedures. Curious to see how others envision dealing with possible challenges and issues, and am looking forward to the legislative discussions to follow!

PostPosted: July 7th, 2016, 10:46 pm 
King

It'll be interesting considering even irl, contract law is treated as civil law, is sometimes not even national (like canada or the US), and is definitely not international. I wonder what a hermertia civil law system would look like if crafted. That's why I leave it to intrepid others to brainstorm. Aahah. And thought it made the most sense to leave to individual nations just like RL

PostPosted: July 8th, 2016, 10:44 pm 
King

Perhaps I, or someone, can attempt to draft a version of the Indoles Carta, the criminal codes and other acts, and etc, that combines the two, with the precedents and considerations set by this thread, for the purpose of moving the discussions to the next level? I'd love to get it cleared so we can elect an emperor

PostPosted: July 9th, 2016, 5:27 pm 
King

I agree with Arjen's points on what should be looked at and voted on. Most areas still remain intact but there may be a little overlap if i recall correctly that will need to be reviewed and potentially revised to reflect the new laws passed. Before we get too far ahead of ourselves let's see the old laws and then debate on the sections that need to be adjusted.

PostPosted: July 10th, 2016, 5:24 pm 
King

Agreed. All laws are posted herein :) will do a post in a few days reflecting all related thoughts posted here prior to then?