All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 30th, 2015, 1:00 pm 
Settler

Hail,

From the ashes the forum has risen again, and I hope we can begin to rebuild the library. As I understand we're taking the website down-time to be a frozen point in the historical timeline so everything is as before it went down from now on?

Also I'd like to being the discussions about how we are going to right lore-wise this loss of the library. I don't really have a huge memory of what the historical timeline is pre Owl-03-03 but I may be able to add it alot of the stuff roughly after 2013 irl. I remember roughly how it was all structured and could add in the character pages and such.

Personally I think we should start by everyone adding in what they know in posts in this section of the forum then we can rebuild from there.

Also there is a great chance here to change how the library is. I found last time it was flooded with empty links and empty pages, I think if we start adding stuff here first in the library forum section then we can propose consolidations of it all and make the library good quality and usable rather than a place to put unfinished pages (all that can be done here).

Anyway, good to see everyone back!

PostPosted: May 30th, 2015, 1:35 pm 
Count

Well, the first thing that comes in mind is the Griefing of Laborate, but I'm sure I will remember something more later..

PostPosted: May 31st, 2015, 8:54 pm 
King

Just a quick thought. Are we assuming time stood still during the period that the website was down as Barrawin suggested? I personally think that this time could lend itself to some pretty cool and interesting lore. I'd vote that the time spent away from the website stands as history and perhaps we had a bit of a "dark ages" so to speak? If you think about it, the Empire was rattled to its core with the sudden absence of the Regent, which was soon followed by the resignation of King Isaac. This led to the perceived dip in population (server census down) of the Empire, and a lack of innovation (due to the website being down). While the Imperial City did begin its construction, building was slow and uncoordinated. Are we just now coming out of the dark age that we experienced?? I think something like this would be rather cool :)

of River's End

PostPosted: June 1st, 2015, 4:54 am 
King

I agree, I think this period should be canonized as a dark period rather than just being not included in time. I'll share my thoughts in full tomorrow.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: June 1st, 2015, 12:29 pm 
King

I'll be honest, the idea of a period of years where there was significant confusion, lack of news, a slew of disappearing nobles would be rather terrifying and might inhibit the Empire for a period of years if a perfect way to describe the events that happened.
But for the work of dedicated and determined nobles, we would have succumbed to the darkness.

This has my support.

Also on the topics of Each area, and each player character, everyone should get a page for each character, and each settlement and kingdom. And also an overarching page to include all of their characters and holdings. Good ideas by all so far.

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2015, 4:41 am 
Duke

We could also say that we all convened at the site of the Imperial City to regroup and assess the state of the Empire after this dark age. It would provide a reason for the sudden and massive construction going on there. Maybe we thought that building a center of power would help ensure order?

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2015, 5:08 am 
King

The Chairman wrote:
We could also say that we all convened at the site of the Imperial City to regroup and assess the state of the Empire after this dark age. It would provide a reason for the sudden and massive construction going on there. Maybe we thought that building a center of power would help ensure order?

I like this idea a lot, Chairman. Perhaps all the heads of state: kings, dukes, counts, came together for a "summit" of sorts to determine what direction the Empire should be moving. Not sure what the name of this meeting should be. Perhaps something along the lines of the "Imperial Summit?" Here we determined that it was finally time to hunker down and begin building the centralized city that we had all dreamt of when first coming to these new lands.

of River's End

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2015, 6:46 pm 
Duke

How long would this time period be? Would we assume the normal progression of time (i.e. one month = 6 years)? That would mean that we have moved ahead about 30 years.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2015, 12:55 am 
Settler

Hi guys, this link has been posted elsewhere in the reddit sub but here it is for reference, the links to the old data.
Not all of it is present but there is a good amount that is potentially salvageable. Being part of the history (I can see my old crest, yay!) I would be really happy to assist in helping out with setting things up again on the site, if help is wished. I have a good set of IT skills to offer on the side, I work as a sole SysAdmin for a web company. :)

A LOT of the links are clickable here. I spent quite a while clicking around searching through the old pages. A good amount of the lore is preserved. I hope we can get it out and put it back where it belongs!

Old front page: http://web.archive.org/web/201310081958 ... ertia.com/
Old Library: http://web.archive.org/web/201310081956 ... =Main_Page
Old history page (good amount of clickable items here): http://web.archive.org/web/201308101017 ... the_Empire
Old Forums (couldn't click much on this one): http://web.archive.org/web/201306061812 ... index.php/

I'm hoping someone has started to set up or maybe we can collaborate and set up a wiki-style Library link? Obviously we would approve good lore here first or set up a system to add quality control to things.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2015, 1:34 am 
King

Definitely need to re-save these and stitch them together as images for the new forums.

Amazing finds Neon! You're doing great work and you only just got here.
Raising the bar for serfs thats for sure.