All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Attacks near Isenwich
PostPosted: November 7th, 2016, 1:51 pm 
Duke

‘Is there any other business?’ Septimus asked idly as he closed his ledger.
‘Yes, actually my lord there is’ squeaked one of the faceless advisors seated before Septimus.
He looked up and groaned. He hated these county meetings with a passion. Opening his ledger once more and thumbing to the right page he asked for the details.
The faceless advisor leaned forward and cleared his throat. ‘Well my lord, we have had reports that traders are being attacked along the road to Greatwood forest. In the last week I have been told of atleast 3 attacks.’

‘Attacks on my people?! Were the people in question harmed?'
'Mostly no. The victims were not seriously injured, however they were all robbed of their belongings'

'Do we know if they are random acts or that of a group?’

‘At the moment we have no evidence to suggest these are anything more than opportunistic peasants attacking easy targets. I don’t see that there is cause for alarm just yet’ replied the advisor unconvincingly.

‘Well if this is true we should be able to prevent further occurrences by placing regular patrols along that road. Are we done?’ demanded Septimus already rising from his chair.

‘Yes my lord!’ the advisors all said at once

- Recipient of the Pyrencian Good Effort Award
- 2016 Winner of the 'Medal of S'alright'
- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

PostPosted: November 13th, 2016, 2:17 am 
Duke

‘Further attacks? Within the county limits?’ Septimus asked the room of advisors seated before him. One of them, an older gentleman with grey hair leaned forward In his seat.
‘Yes my lord. Yesterday evening a group of traders heading north to Oakvale were attacked by a masked group’.
‘Masks? The same as the other attacks?’
‘Yes sir. The difference in this case is that 2 of the traders were killed by this group. This is the first time we’ve seen violence beyond a blows to the victims.’
Septimus slammed his fist on the shiny oak table. ‘Damn them! These attacks are getting worse!’
Another advisor leaned forward, this time a middle aged man with glasses and a hooked nose.
‘Indeed my lord. I am also getting similar reports from Mirkwood county and the Rock Ridge area. I believe that increased patrols are not going to solve the issue. The attackers, whoever they are, are simply being more careful choosing when they strike.’
‘What do you suggest Commander Ryka?’
‘It is likely that these raiders have some kind of central camp or base. Given the majority of the worst attacks have so far taken place along the roads north to Mirkwood, I believe the base will be in the dense forest north of there. If we assemble a unit of guards to comb the area we can take the fight to them’
Septimus sank back into his chair and thought for several moments. Finally, he spoke;
‘My only concern is whether we can afford to have guards in the forest looking for these pirates, leaving the towns less defended. Do we have the men?’
‘I believe we do sir. We have a contingent of new recruits being trained at the armoury who should be able to hold duty in town along with some experienced officers while the rest of our men partake in the search’ Commander Ryka replied confidently.
‘Good. I’ll leave the details to you commander. I want a status report as soon as you find anything.’ said Septimus as he rose from his chair and closed the meeting.
Commander Ryka merely nodded, stood up with the other advisors and exited the room

Now alone, Septimus walked over the window on the east side of the room and looked out over the town.

I hope we find these scum soon. They shall be sorry

- Recipient of the Pyrencian Good Effort Award
- 2016 Winner of the 'Medal of S'alright'
- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

PostPosted: November 13th, 2016, 2:21 am 

Yet another case of rising violence in the Empire...