All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 5th, 2017, 1:08 am 
Count

Official County Updates - Tide 00|07 A.I. 538

The following are transcripts sent from the Central Office of Galios to the Kingdom of Valtoros. Inside are contents describing the political, economic, and cultural climate of the Counties of Galios and Seraglos. They have been read over and approved by Jakon Vaegar, Count of Valtoros, Count of Galios, Count of Seraglos, and Cariad of Valyria.

Galios

Political:

A once violent Galios has turned over a new leaf and has entered an age of tranquility. Bickering and fighting between the members of the Geistreich, new Valyrians, and the Sephorim are at an all time low. Unfortunately, the Sephorim are still treated as second class citizens due to the county they preside in, Seraglos, which is now regarded as a ghetto. Reports of Sephorim citizens being beat up and harassed have decreased, but are still a problem. High ranking members of the Sephorim, including Athene Sephirous, the High Priestess of The Sephorim, have moved to Galios, and are petitioning for laws protecting members of the Sephorim from abuse. The decrease in the reports may be in part to a new hybrid religion, called Gosera. High ranking officials have advised Jakon to apply for Duke status, and naming the Duchy Abraxas, as tribute to the settlement in the old world which was founded by Stipes Ferrier who took in the Geistreich Clan.

Economic:

The influx of trade brought in by the Valyrians have triggered a period of economic prosperity for Galios. The Valyrians have brought with them artisanry and introduced bulk orders of building materials, which has helped the county to grow. Jakon Vaegar has also introduced a centralized currency and sales tax to help streamline the economic growth. The currency is known as Stipes, named after the legendary Stipes Ferrier.

Cultural:

The culture of Galios is strongly derived from it's various religions. There has been a steady decline in what is now called the followers of Goscthe, remnants of an old religion in the Geistreich Clan. It has left it's members looking for spiritual growth elsewhere. A small minority have converted to a new religion by the name of Gosera. The religion itself originated in Seraglos, and has slowly been spreading it's influence. Here are the religions ranked by number of followers:
1. Creeperism
2. Followers of Goscthe
3. The Sephorim
4. Gosera

Seraglos

Political:

The County of Seraglos is experiencing a period of civil unrest. The treatment of the Sephorim in Galios have prompted the majority of the citizens of Seraglos, who are Sephorim, to protest. The Sephorim have elected to send Athene Sephirous, the High Priestess of The Sephorim, and other high ranking members of the Sephorim to Galio, to petition for laws protecting members of the Sephorim from abuse. A minority of members of the Geistreich Clan have emigrated to Seraglos to seek out economic opportunity. Jakon Vaegar has instituted an "Economic Surplus Package" to avoid military confrontation in the area.

Economic:

The protests taking place in Seraglos have stunted economic growth. These protests often include strikes and a refusal to pay sales taxes. The lack of tax revenue has stunted growth in the region, which is now widely regarded as a ghetto. Jakon Vaegar has officially instituted a "Economic Surplus Package" which efffectively suspends the sales tax in Seraglos.

Cultural:

Gosera, a new religion which has sprouted up in Seraglos is rapidly growing. It takes combines elements/beliefs from the religions of The Sephorim and the followers of Goschte. Here are the religions ranked by number of followers:
1. The Sephorim
2. Gosera
3. Followers of Goschte
4. Creeperism

((So side note, I'd like to include population counts in these updates, but I'm not sure how I should go about finding a reasonable numbers. Suggestions?))

Last edited by Jakon on January 7th, 2017, 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2017, 5:06 am 
King

Ah, tidings from Galios, Valtoros!

Future Duke you think? ;)

(You can find the details for a population count in another thread, Cearydon or someone else can link you , I'm on my phone just now)

PostPosted: January 11th, 2017, 12:38 am 

Galios has some of the more interesting lore coming from the west. I always love reading your updates.