All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2016, 4:55 am 
Count

Full name: Kalo Æthelwulf Auratavia

Crest:

Race: Östron / Isilian

Title(s): Eorl of Gelderlond, Thane of Norþubeorc (530-547)
Grootcniht of the Order of Sanct Croepbaina in Northubeorc (530-542)
Former Count of Tiberford (523-529)

Birthplace: Oakland, Kingdom of New Isilioth

Date of Birth: 497 A.I., Cycle of the Phoenix 01-00

Realm: Gelderlond, Östlaed

Holdings: Northubeorc, Saeppeham, Fodrham, Vindrhaef, Tiberford (ceded to Gunther 530 A.I.)

Personality Traits: Loyal, Proud, Cooperative, Industrious, Heavy Drinker, Dislikes Elves

Particular Skills: Archery, Fletching, Architecture, Fluency in Mercurian, Isilian, and Östron (Northern and Standard)

Backstory: Kalo was born to an Isilian fletcher and merchant and an Östron religious woman in Oakland, Kingdom of New Isilioth. He joined Isilian army in 512 A.I. at the age of 15, and served for 4 years as an archer. Afterwards, Kalo entered into the Imperial Creeperist Monastery in Aestham in 516 A.I. to be trained as a knight in the Order of Sanct Creopbaina. During his training he met Cerdic and Mark II of the Accynnafon family. When his training ended in 520 A.I., he followed in his mother's footsteps and joined the Creeperist missionary efforts in New Isilioth. A major accomplishment of these efforts is the establishment of a Creeperist monument in Oakland 520 A.I.

Eventually, Kalo and several other Isilian Creeperists founded the hamlet of Tiberford in 523 A.I. Six years later, Kalo's effort in the area led to his count ascension by King Tiber Elenvar III. After a short period of celebration, the count sought marriage, and married Eltha Northubeorce in 530 A.I. This marriage brought him control of the port of Northubeorc to the north of Ostlaed. This control was solidified by Mark Accynnafon promoting Kalo to Eorl of the Gelderlond Farthing, but only after the abdication of County of Tiberford to Gunther Auratavia. During Kalo's reign of Gelderlond the area grew significantly in population, influence, and wealth.

The passing of Ealdorman Mark Accynafon proved to be harsh on the entire realm, however. The ascension of Mark II brought about a wave of fanaticism. The late 530s and early 540s saw many riots induced by the monks in Northubeorc Monastery. Tensions only increased with Mark's increasingly hostile edicts reforming the military, reducing freedom of worship, and hurting foreign trade. This culminated in 544 A.I. with Ostlaed's declaration of independence from the Empire.

Immediately following, Eorl Kalo declared independence from Ostlaed and joined forces with Ostlond under the leadership of Cerdic Accynnafon. Northubeorc Monastery was seized by Kalo and all the fundamentalists expelled. Quick invasions from the south forced a fallback of the Gelderlondish forces in 544, with Skovgaard falling almost immediately. Due to the blockade by the Ostfleot and invasions of Ostlaed from the south and Ertia controlled Caekka from the north in 544-45, many in Gelderlond suffered. However, victories from the Imperial forces in the south and on the Ostsee quickly ended the difficulties. Kalo then led Gelderlondish forces to victories in Lecganford (445), Acholm (446), and Skovgaard (447), ending all possible danger for Gelderlond. During the final of the Ostron Civil War Kalo led nominal groups of Gelderlondish forces in Beorcfeld and Frithengest, but by then most leadership responsibilities were handled by his son Cynefrith.

Kalo was initially greatly dismayed at Cynefrith's abandonment of home to fight in the war. However, by the time they reunited Cynefrith was already of rational age, and Kalo left the decision to keep fighting up to him. Kalo was especially proud of his son, and knew he would become a great leader. However, he would not live to see it due to fatal wounds incurred by the TNT traps set in Frithengest. He died hours after receiving his wounds in Cynefrith's arms. His final words were recorded as, "I am proud to have you as my son, Cynefrith. Always know that."

Notable Achievements: Founded Tiberford. Integrated Gelderlond into Östlaed. Participated in the battles of Lecganford, Acholm, and Frithengest.

Family Tree:

Kiri Samuel Auratavia - Kalo’s father, born 472, wealthy fletcher on the Imperial Isle, briefly served in imperial guard, retired and became wealthy merchant, large supporter of the Imperial travel network.

Helga Gladwyna Grootbreost - Kalo's mother, born 475, sister in the Order of Sanct Croepbaina in the Imperial Monastery, moved to New Isilioth as part of the Isilian missionary efforts.

Eltha Edwyna Northubeorce - Kalo's wife, widow to Grootthane Brond Northubeorce, speaks Northern dialect of Östron.

Gunther Eadmund Auratavia - Kalo's brother, born 500, fletcher and trader, moved to Tiberford in 423, became administrator of the County of Tiberford in 529, inherited County of Tiberford in 530 after the Adbication Proclamation of 530 was signed by Kalo.
Official Crest:

Lisa Coryn Stephenson - Kalo's younger sister, born 501, married to Isilian soup merchant Ron Stephenson.

Cynefriþ Kalo Auratavia - Kalo's eldest son, born 530.

Deorwine Kiri Auratavia - Kalo's 2nd son, born 531.

Student of the Gildscype Scytera (Archers' Guild)

Last edited by Cynefrith Arataefia on February 20th, 2017, 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: February 20th, 2017, 4:54 am 
Count

Bump to recognize that this character sheet has been updated and completed.

Student of the Gildscype Scytera (Archers' Guild)