All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 1:28 am 

Ealdorman Mark Accynnafon II made his way down the Östur. His heart was thumping in his chest. This was a day he had looked forward to for some time - independence from Elves, independence from political disinterest, and independence from Imperial interference. He was wearing a special robe crafted for him by the woolworkers of Westmæd.

He entered the great Östurhealle, with an assembly of Masters of the Order, Brothes of the Order, religious Thanes and Eorls, and the highest ranking Knights of the Halig Friccan. Most knew what was going to occur - even the huge crowd of people outside knew what was to come.

“Masters and Brothers, Thanes and Knights, and people of the Östron realm of Östlaed. Thank you for gathering here today for my announcement.” The Ealdorman was glad that spring had arrived. The air in Acholm was already warming. With the Östurhealle doors wide open, he could smell the scent of growing grass, oak leaves, and blue orchid flowers blooming. This gave him the calm he needed in this moment.

“Long has our realm been insulted, limited, and restrained by the Mercurian Empire. The hour for this behavior is late. The old realms of this dying Empire are not involved with ensuring the safety of the seas; they are not concerned with their hypocrisy; they are not concerned with the continued growth of the Empire. They are not concerned for the things that Östlaed has worked for”

He continued, “Östlaed, for too long, has endured the limitations of Imperial regulations. The Imperial tax goes to nothing but the coffers of the Council of the Crowned. This will not continue!”

The crowd outside burst into cheers. The Ealdorman spoke again, “Let me continue - No longer will we be restricted with regard to economic, military, infrastructure, and political policies. Today, on Eostor I, of the Imperial Year” The crowd booed that term. “No, of the Östron year zero, I announce that the Östron realm of Östlaed is withdrawing as a signatory of the Mercurian Empire.”

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 2:03 am 
Duke

It seems you must be reminded that these are the lands of the Mercurian Empire. If you wish to leave the empire, then you must find land elsewhere to call your own.

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 5:05 am 
Count

This is preposterous! While I have many misgivings against the state of the empire, to retreat completely from it is absurd. Ostlaed is making a mockery of itself in front of the entire Imperial community. This is the final straw, one which I am assured will break the back of our dear realm.

Student of the Gildscype Scytera (Archers' Guild)

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 6:49 am 
King

Let it be known that North Ertia shall not stand for this nonsense! I have just received word that my cousin in the south has foolishly followed your lead in leaving our ancient Empire. Unless he immediately rescinds his decree, his fate shall be the same as yours I fear. Remembered as a mere extremist blip in the history of Mercuria.

Will the Ostron's not listen to reason and stop this madness?!?

-King Aven Arjen V

of River's End