All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 29th, 2017, 10:23 pm 
King

To the good Cerdic Accynnafon:

News of the happenings within your realm have reached my ears. The accounts have been entirely secondhand, and most details have been relayed to me from sources I wish to remain anonymous. Suffice it to say, I am still in the dark about a great many things occurring in your realm at this very moment. However, if what I have heard is to be believed, your once pro-Imperial nation is heading down a very dark path. A path that, I believe, you and many other realms hope to reverse before it is too late.

I would like to take this opportunity to publicly state my intent to help you turn Ostlaed around. I have heard rumors about your intent to split the nation in two. Is this true? Something similar once occurred in the great Old Ertian empire. This schism of power can never last indefinitely without war, as happened in Old Ertia. If the path of war is unavoidable, consider all of Ertia's assets at your disposal. This war would be a true test of our Empire's cohesion, and the potential cost of failure is too great a risk for me to take. So, with reluctance, I must offer you the services of my traditionally peaceful Kingdom.

I have only sat on the true Ertian throne in Roseaire for but a few mercannum, and some may see me as a pretender. I assure you, however, that I am doing everything in power to quash the rebellious scum flourishing in the Ertian city of Florae before they become a greater threat to my nation and the Empire as a whole. What Ertia lacks in naval resources, it makes up for in its healing prowess. Something that can be invaluable on the battlefield. I must inform you that I have also called the militia reserves from across my Kingdom to begin their drilling. I need only say the words and they shall be at your disposal.

I humbly request to meet you in person. I should like to sign a formal treaty with your realm, to show Ertia's solidarity. You may well be aware that Ertia's first international port of Roseaire has been deemed safe and able to accept all forms of maritime travel by the Ministry of Surveyors. It is my hope that you accept my invitation to host you here in my capital to sign a treaty of solidarity.

May Erts and the gods of your forefathers lead Ostlaed and all of the Empire out of this dangerous time.

For glory!

King Arjen V

of River's End