All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 5th, 2016, 2:11 pm 
King

Greetings.

Over the past week, much discussion has taken place within teh community concerning changes to the existing activity laws. This thread summarizes discussion; it has been agreed that we need more workable activity laws that are fairer while also making the passage of legislation easier and more in line with the how activity generally works.

Accordingly, I present this reviewed language to the Council of the Crowned for ratification:

------

The Legislation Activity Act

Activity Within the Empire

1. If a sitting member of the Council of the Crowned is not seen within the lands of the Mercurian Empire (appears in-game) or active in official diplomatic channels (posts on the forums) for a period of one mercannum (one month), they are officially inactive. Their voting rights shall be suspended until such point as they are seen within the Empire (reappear in-game) or are active in official diplomatic channels (post on the forums again). Their vote shall not be counted towards legislation tabled in the Imperial Parliament for this period; their vote shall not be counted towards meeting standard legislative thresholds unless otherwise specified. If the King or Queen has appointed a Duke to act as their official proxy, their vote shall continue to be counted until or unless the Duke in question is officially inactive.

2. If a sitting member of the House of Dukes is not seen within the lands of the Mercurian Empire (appears in-game) or active in official diplomatic channels (posts on the forums) for a period of one mercannum (one month), they are officially inactive. Their voting rights shall be suspended until such point as they are seen within the Empire (reappear in-game) or are active in official diplomatic channels (post on the forums again). Their vote shall not be counted towards legislation tabled in the Imperial Parliament for this period; their vote shall not be counted towards meeting standard legislative thresholds unless otherwise specified.

3. Any active sitting member of the Council of the Crowned or active sitting member of the House of Dukes may voluntarily declare themselves inactive at any time through formal announcement in their respective House. Their vote shall not be counted towards legislation tabled in the Imperial Parliament for this period; their vote shall not be counted towards meeting standard legislative thresholds unless otherwise specified. The individual shall become active again upon stating so in a formal announcement in their respective House.

Responses to Legislation and Abstaining

1. Within a two week period from the day that a piece of Imperial Legislation is posted in the ‘Council of the Crowned Discussion and Voting’ section of the Imperial Parliament, active sitting members of the Council of the Crowned may cast a formal vote for or against the passage of the legislation. If an active sitting member of the Council of the Crowned does not record a formal vote for or against the passage of the legislation in this period, they are officially recorded as having abstained from voting. Their vote shall not be counted towards the passing of the legislation in question; their vote shall continue to be counted towards all other Imperial legislation including the same piece of legislation if resubmitted.

2. Within a two week period from the day that a piece of Imperial Legislation is posted in the House of Dukes, active sitting members of the House of Dukes may cast a formal vote for or against the passage of the legislation. If an active sitting member of the House of Dukes does not record a formal vote for or against the passage of the legislation in this period, they are officially recorded as having abstained from voting. Their vote shall not be counted towards the passing of the legislation in question; their vote shall continue to be counted towards all other Imperial legislation including the same piece of legislation if resubmitted.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 5th, 2016, 5:05 pm 
King

Thank you Nicholas. I think Mark has some valid points in the House of Dukes. We should address before this is passed :)

PostPosted: August 5th, 2016, 5:10 pm 
King

I concur. We did in fact discuss those changes, but I apparently did not make them. My bad all! Will change the language imminently.

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 5th, 2016, 5:29 pm 
King

Language updated.

Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 5th, 2016, 5:33 pm 
King

This is more clear now and I think it is a lot more fair than the previous legislation. I vote in favour of this!

PostPosted: August 5th, 2016, 5:55 pm 
King

Pyrencia votes in favour as well

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: August 5th, 2016, 8:27 pm 
King

I fully support this amendment. Great work Empire.

PostPosted: August 8th, 2016, 7:31 pm 
King

I vote in favor as well.

of River's End