All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 21st, 2018, 8:29 pm 
King

I propose finally to add the ability to have some reasonable Mountainous terrain painted into the world, biome specific of course, for example, a mesa biome would have terracotta blocks for it's mountains. or a desert would have sand and sandstone blocks for it's mountains.

As large desired, and voting requests should only be taken for especially large requests.

Please discuss.

PostPosted: June 21st, 2018, 8:36 pm 
King

I would highly be in favor of voting for this provided that everyone is agreement as to what can be painted, who can do it, and also where it can be done at.

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2018, 12:21 am 
Duke

I think it is fine. We have already done it in the past, so there is precedent for it. As long as it is done in a reasonable manner, I don't see why not.

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2018, 1:27 pm 
Count

I wholeheartedly agree with this idea. In my desperation I already started to calculate, how much work it would be to implement some nice mountains by hand and I didn't really like the results.

I think it would boost our creativity and improve our reality-density.

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2018, 7:17 pm 
Duke

I'm for fixing the mountains for sure. I'd like to say we should impliment it carefully but honestly I think "cause this area would look better with it" is a good reason. Otherwise half of us wouldn't get mountains.

Now, that doesn't mean put them anywhere. I'd say keep it to certain biomes or specifically where it's already mountainous and just fix it. Cause the vanilla extreme hills is bleh.

Also I believe only one person should have perms to make mountains or it will get crazy. It will take longer but having the consistency over the world would be better.

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2018, 1:20 am 
King

Sodihv is the one who can do it only as hes got the access, I didn't fancy having everyone have that ability :P

Let's try to get some language on the go so we can vote this in, any takers?

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2018, 4:18 am 
Duke

How about working out the kinks first.

What biomes would be allowed?

How large of an area does it need to be?

Of course only the owner of the whole area can request, even on behalf of their vassal or count.

Would we allow counts who own their own land to request it or will we make them wait until they reach the rank of duke?

Anything else we can think of?

PostPosted: June 24th, 2018, 2:06 pm 
Count

What biomes would be allowed?
All

//
Reasoning
Why should we put restrictions on the kind of biome? All Vanilla Minecraft biomes can be improved in someway or other. The implementation still needs to fit into the preset biome of course.
//

What kind of implementation should by allowed?
Changes to the terrain, which still fit the original biome setting.

//
Reasoning
This bill should not be restricted to mountains only. Maybe someone wants a giant ravine, or cliff or any kind of well fitting terrain modification to set the perfect surroundings for their builds. Additionally it would be kinda tiresome to define what a mountain is. Because in my opinion for example England and Ireland don't have a single mountain in their territory.
//

How large of an area does it need to be?
So large, that it would not be feasible to build the requested implementation in a reasonable amount of time by hand.

//
Reasoning
Often players come up with great ideas for builds. Sometimes those ideas require very specific presets to the surroundings. Nowdays the players has two options. First option, he decides to grind it out and to put tremendous hours and ressources into getting the specific surroundings. On which point he still hasn't really build any nice buildings yet. Or he does a short calculation on how much work it would be to e.g. build a custom mountain range by hand. Whereafter he drops the project entirely, because of the enourmous amount of grind, which would be required.

We should encourage players to do creative and inspiring buildings to bring life to our server, not forcing them to grind it out for days.
//

Who would be allowed to make a implementation request?
The owner of the land. Should the implementation directly affect the land of a vassal and/or other landowner, additional approval by the other affected parties is required.

Should the ability to request changes be tied to a specific rank?
Any landowner, should be allowed to make a request.

//
Reasoning
You can own land from count on upwards. If you own the land, why shouldn't you be allowed to change it? You could still get the same result by putting in gigantic amount of work, so in the end the result would be the same. Of course you could use it as a kind of reward, but since we don't really have any kind of other "reward" thing going on this would be a new approach.
//

How many implementations can you make?
You can only have one implementation going at the same time. Until the area affected by the implementation hasn't reached the level of development stated as part of the implementation request no further requests can be made.

//
Reasoning
This way the players have to think about, weather or not they really want this implementation and furthermore if they are up to the job to develop that area afterwards.
//

Special Request for Server Coop-Builds
For Coop-Builds it is possible to request an implementation, even when one has already one on-going implementation. For such a request three petitioners are needed.

//
Reasoning
Server Coop-Builds are a way to bring the community together and encourage teamwork and exchange of ideas. Often such projects tend to get a lot of attention for a while and afterwards the interest ebbs away. In such a case the petitioner would be left to complete a half finished project, intended to be worked by a lot of players, all by himself.
//

Request Approval
Two Options:
Either we give a minister the job or we do it by approval vote. Both would be find with me

Approval Process
A forum post needs to be made, stating the intented implementation and describing the development plans in the area.

PostPosted: June 25th, 2018, 10:34 pm 
Duke

Thank you for your in-depth response! I generally agree with everything you said.

My last thing is I believe it should be put to a vote by the high council to make sure people aren't abusing this or making unreasonable requests. I think generally we'll all agree on most but just to weed out the iffy ones. :)

PostPosted: June 25th, 2018, 10:39 pm 
King

Seems very much reasonable!

I am amenable to these additions from Dujek and fair Aethemora