All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 9th, 2017, 9:06 pm 
Duke

So a few of us have been talking about ways to improve and streamline the voting system and put more emphasis on the community, new, and active players.

This new system involves two councils, the same as we have now. They will be dubbed the Lower Council (former House of Dukes) and the High Council (former Council of the Crowned). Both will hold the same vote requirements as their predecessors, so every law doesn't have to be rewritten to accommodate new vote requirements.

The High Council will be made up of Dukes and Kings that get voted in by the community. Kings get 2 votes and Dukes get 1 vote. This puts a much larger emphasis on active Dukes. Every two months, or three or whatever we choose, there will be an election to put people on the High Council. Every Duke and King is eligible and must pass a vote threshold to be elected. Every community member can vote for who they wish to be on the High Council. This puts a much larger emphasis on the community as a whole.

Every active Duke and King that didn't make the vote threshold for the High Council will be put on the Lower Council where they assume the role of the old House of Dukes.

I will make an infographic to explain this a little more clearly in a bit.

PostPosted: March 9th, 2017, 9:36 pm 
King

This system will help immensely with the whole active and non active periods that players will inevitably go through (ebbs and flows and all that).

It promotes a system that rewards active players much more and puts more power into the hands of those who are invested for that particular period of months, rather than those who might be perhaps less active and clued in about current issues, while still respecting the rank of King and the Dukes in terms of rank with their vote weightings.

Thoughts ?

PostPosted: March 10th, 2017, 3:27 am 
Duke

I think this is a great idea. It will solve a lot of the problems of activity in a fair and equitable manner. It will also give the dukes a bit more say, which is something I am in favor of.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2017, 10:20 pm 
Count

Even though this doesn't necessarily apply to me, I think this would be a meaningful change as it would be more inclusive towards newer players!

PostPosted: March 10th, 2017, 11:11 pm 
King

Cadamosto wrote:
Even though this doesn't necessarily apply to me, I think this would be a meaningful change as it would be more inclusive towards newer players!

It does apply to you! Everyone gets a say in who is elected to the High Council. So, every few months you will get to decide who you'd like to have in power or, once you do reach Duke status, be in contention yourself! :)

of River's End

PostPosted: March 12th, 2017, 5:26 pm 
King

Not a bad idea I must say. If people see problems with the current system then we must look for reform. This new system actually sounds not too bad.

Will be still have Kings, Dukes, etc? Is this new structure just for political reform?

PostPosted: March 13th, 2017, 1:37 am 
King

I like Scrios' question and looks forward to the response on it.

PostPosted: March 13th, 2017, 2:07 am 
King

Scrios IV wrote:
Not a bad idea I must say. If people see problems with the current system then we must look for reform. This new system actually sounds not too bad.

Will be still have Kings, Dukes, etc? Is this new structure just for political reform?

There will indeed still be Kings, Dukes, Counts, and vassals. The big difference is the dissolution of Council of the Crowned and the House of Dukes and the formation of a Higher and Lower Council/House. Kings and Dukes would be voted into the High Council, which would act as the current Council of the Crowned, where Kings are allowed two votes and Dukes are allowed one.

So, you're spot on Scrios. It is a political reform that will open up all aspects of the government to Dukes, in an attempt to include more of the community in important government decisions.

of River's End

PostPosted: March 13th, 2017, 2:48 pm 
King

Thank you for the response! I think I got it now.

Can we maybe get a road map to see how all of this would work? I would like to see the number of members allowed in the high Council, what happens to Kings that do not get voted into the high Council, etc.

I am more visual when it comes to these things. Maybe a flow chart or something?

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 10:38 am 
Count

Additionally it would be nice, if we could, after deciding how many ppl will be in each council, rig up a site where all the members of the councils can be seen in one view, maybe with their mc skins and the name of their countries. After the reelection this would then be updated.