All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: June 19th, 2017, 3:59 pm 
King

Scrios IV wrote:
I like the language and concept behind this. I am still a little confused on how voting on bills and such would work with these two councils. Would you be able to give an example based on the minimum number of members in the high council? Also, is there a cap on how many members can be elected to the high council?

Also, is it similar to the Low Council? I am guessing that the Low Council would be similar to the Dukes (i.e. voting to lower the percentage of High Council votes required to pass something)?

Sorry just want to clarify so I am sure on what I am voting on.

Correct me if i'm wrong here anyone, but yes Scrios, the House of Dukes and House of Kings have been replaced with the High and Low Councils, all instances in our Laws where there requires a vote of 60% for something from either Dukes or Kings still require the same threshold. PAR EXAMPLE:

1 King and 4 Dukes in the High Council
King gets 2 Votes each, Duke gets 1 Vote each. To pass something you need 60% of their total voting power (I could be wrong on that though, ill check with Siden and edit this post accordingly) So there are a total of 6 Vote points in the Council, (4x1 from Dukes and 1x2 from King).

SO: 60% to pass would mean at least 4 votes to pass anything, which could come from any permutation of Dukes/Kings voting (I.e. 3 Dukes and 1 King votes, 4 Duke Votes, 1 King and 2 Duke Votes etc).

Does this clear it up? It's the same in the Lower Council as well, their vote is the same as a previous Duke Bill in that it reduces the number of votes a King Bill passes, same as it is now

PostPosted: June 20th, 2017, 10:59 pm 
Duke

Thank you for putting in the effort to draft this, Siden. This is an important reform that will help make Hermertia a stronger community.

PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 12:22 am 
King

The Chairman wrote:
Thank you for putting in the effort to draft this, Siden. This is an important reform that will help make Hermertia a stronger community.

A community wide work of legislation that marks a key turning point and brighter future for everyone involved, glad you feel this way Chairman!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6