All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Valyrian Reprisal
PostPosted: January 30th, 2017, 2:18 am 
King

Non canon.read comments for context

Keeping story text for context:

A combined Valyrian Armada has assembled following the ludicrous and frankly, treasonous attempted blockade of ports in the Empire, including Kaltamerri.

Sweeping up through the southern and northern Valyrian seas, this combined force represents one of the largest military gatherings ever seen within the Empire in living or written memory. Combing the seas for signs of black and green sails, boats caught or engaged have been given the chance to surrender and face Imperial justice. The marshalling forces at the straits from the North have been prevented from engaging until the grand flotilla of vessels from the South emerged from beyond the headland and engaged in a protracted series of boarding actions. With their retreat uncertain and their assembled forces outnumbered, many Östron sailors were cut down after refusing to surrender.
No bloodless victory this, many vessels limping into port with reduced marine complements, baliastae and even fire damage causing some ships to sink completely. Most Östron vessels were intentionally scuttled to prevent use by their enemy, with scant remainder floating, brigs full to capacity.

The Valyrian Navy will resupply and push East to bring this lunacy to a halt.

Post subject: Re: Valyrian Reprisal
PostPosted: January 30th, 2017, 3:03 am 

I'm declaring this non canon.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2017, 3:10 am 
Count

It did kind of seem like months of action wrapped into a short paragraph.
A billion ostrons were summarily executed essentially.

Cedrek Axefall
-Mayor of Graycott
-Earl of Graycott
-Corpse
-Traitor?

PostPosted: January 30th, 2017, 3:30 am 
King

I agree with Mark. A battle this big after a lot of build up needs to be discussed before being written. Especially since much of this is Mark's story to tell. We have something really cool going, lets play it out for a while!

of River's End

PostPosted: January 30th, 2017, 3:43 am 
King

Going to delete the post tomorrow morning.

The östrons were incendiary and utterly ruthless in their actions. The Kingdoms of the West might be relatively inactive but their realms still live and breathe and function within the lore setting. And In this story, a naval battle occurs with chance to surrender, and it seemed a fanatical ruler would have fanatical soldiers and sailors, who would reasonably assume that they didn't wish to surrender In this scenario. No one was executed. Prisoners taken, bloody boarding actions happened with loss on both sides. Reasonable to expect to me given the context I had read over the past few weeks.

Also did not realise that in game buildings have an effect on the exact number of forces available for things like this. The entire storied history of the West can be held at bay half a continent away. I'll keep in mind my numbers based on builds in Dawnstar and the rest of Valyria and next time and field about 20 men In a row boat total.
I agree that it should be discussed beforehand but following my reasoning above and below, his ability to just blockade my port is Also something that should be discussed but which was not.
To me lore was loosely based on things we make in game, not 100% on it for stories or lore events. That's how it's been to me since I got here.
/explanation

PostPosted: January 30th, 2017, 4:41 am 
Duke

Sam has a point, while I agree this should definitely by discussed it does seem silly that Mark can blockade an entire Kingdom without discussion as well.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: January 30th, 2017, 4:45 am 
King

technically mark just said that his fleet was going to blockade dawnstar, the main post made no comment about the success or failure of the endeavor. I can blockade the entire imperial sea with a rowboat if i want, doesnt mean im claiming its successful. Thats the main difference i see between the two posts, was one just said what he was doing, whereas sams laid out the success and failures of the interactions between the two. unless i missed something. which i might have.

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: January 30th, 2017, 4:47 am 
King

Also as far as i can tell everything hes said that sounds assured of victory should probably be attributed to his characters blathering, not any real thing thats definitly going to happen. dont let his intimidation tactics bring down this empire

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: January 30th, 2017, 4:59 am 

This isn't going further, it's non canon. Sam didn't consult me at all and grossly exaggerated not only the size, but seriousness of the actions here, and would severely screw with lore I've been working on since June. Everyone else has had realistic actions happen and even when they didn't check, they didn't go crazy. I'm particularly impressed with arjen's post despite him not running it by me - it tied in with the lore in an awesome way!

PostPosted: January 30th, 2017, 5:23 am 
Duke

Well he did blow up a ship supposedly, so thats some action. Again though I agree this kinda thing shouldn't happen without consulting people but it doesn't mean that this whole thing should be shut down instead of you two discussing a realistic outcome of this situation.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine