All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2016, 11:59 am 
Duke

Good Day Duchess Vaneth,

I wish to update you on current progress within County Leirhorn

Following construction of a defensive outpost in the NorthWest of the county it was recently discovered that there exist a great deal of mineral deposits at the foot of a nearby mountain.
After initial analysis confirmed this was the case, The county council in Reyoarfell commissioned a new mine be built adjacent to the new defensive outpost.

Initial mining results were positive. The discovery rate of Diamonds and Emeralds proved to be above average and examples of the crystals found so far shows they have excellent clarity and strength. Lapis, gold and redstone are also plentiful. Unusually however, we noted a lack of iron deposits in the immediate area. Beyond a few scant veins of iron found near bedrock level, none can be found.

For several months production at this new mine proceeded as expected and without issue until this week when our mining team were in the process of setting up a new mineshaft and stumbled upon what appears to be an entrance to an underground structure of some kind.

Work was stopped immediately and a team of engineers has taken over this branch of the mine to ascertain how best to proceed. The entrance itself appears to have collapsed at some point.

Our records of the area do not mention any previous settlements in the vicinity meaning it is not possible to ascertain what the structure is/was, or what may be waiting for us inside.

I will provide further updates once the entrance is clear and we can send in an expedition team

- Recipient of the Pyrencian Good Effort Award
- 2016 Winner of the 'Medal of S'alright'
- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2016, 12:33 pm 
King

An exciting discovery for sure.

Proceed with caution however. Over a century ago, a similarly mysterious discovery was made which caused the death of Count Digby Wellington. There are countless dangers still in in the world. Be safe!

PostPosted: May 4th, 2016, 8:44 am 
Duke

Very interesting, my serf! I look forward to hearing about what you find

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: May 12th, 2016, 8:49 am 
Duke

Greetings Duchess Vaneth,
I have great news regarding our recent underground discovery in North Western Leirhorn.
Our engineers have carefully excavated the entrance to the mysterious structure, allowing myself and a team of explorers inside to investigate.

Initially we could see nought but darkness and dust. After placing several torches down we made our way inside. Our first glimpse was of a gigantic pair of feet. Situated in the centre of the room and at least 2M wide, it was an unusual first sight.

We made our way further inside and could see that the feet belonged to a large statue which occupied the entire room. Roughly 20 Metres tall and made of stone, its meaning is not entirely clear to us at this point.

Either side of the statue are 2 staircases. The staircase on the left appears to have collapsed at some point in the past.

Luckily the staircase on the right hand side of the statue is intact

At the rear of the room we found what appears to be a corridor or entrance room, but unfortunately this too was blocked, this time with solid stone.

We made our way up the functional staircase and found ourselves on a balcony which brought us roughly chest height with the statue. It was at at this point we could clearly make out the face:

Its a statue of an iron golem! The detailing on the face and upper body are unmistakable from this height.

Unable to explore further at this time, we decided to retreat and debrief. There are many questions raised by our exploration so far: Who built this structure? What is its intended purpose? What does the Iron Golem statue represent? Clearly there is further work is required.

Our next task is to excavate and secure the rear corridor so we may explore further. Unfortunately the material blocking our way is more dense than that which blocked the first entrance, meaning further excavation will take longer.

I will update you further when there are new developments

Vegeuros Cersil

- Recipient of the Pyrencian Good Effort Award
- 2016 Winner of the 'Medal of S'alright'
- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

PostPosted: May 12th, 2016, 12:54 pm 
King

Another incredible discovery. When will our homelands cease to yield such powerful secrets? I would like to visit this myself at some point.

PostPosted: May 13th, 2016, 10:08 pm 
King

This is incredible! Love lore like this.