All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Duchess Asredai
PostPosted: January 6th, 2016, 12:40 am 
Duke

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Year 468
Phoenix 0008
Hellasburg, Duchy of Reinen

Asredai was overlooking the building of her docks, the weather was mild this day and the air smelled of a storm brewing. She pulled her light furs tighter around her. A hand was laid on her shoulder and she started.

"Apologies, ma'am, it's only me" Said her Grandmaster. "News from our scouts."

"What is it?" Asredai said wearily. They'd been dealing with many endermen recently and a few of her people had gone missing. Likely at the hands of the ender beasts. One of those people being her lover.

"They've found 3 of our people, a little north of here. They have the end residue on their clothes." After finding a few of the bodies they started noticing a faint, strange smell and a black chalky substance on all of them. After inspecting the bodies of endermen they found they were covered in the same residue.

"Any news of.. Him?" She said with more hope in her voice than she intended.

He stood for a second, staring at her. "No, ma'am.. None. But we will keep looking"

Asredai sighed an cupped her face in her hands for a minute then looked up and squared her shoulders. "We need to up our patrols and train more people in the art of the sword. They need to be able protect themselves."

"Our forces are already running thi-" The Grandmaster started "Just do as I say." She snapped.

He stood for a second, then professionally straightened up and turned away. Asredai pulled her furs tighter around herself again, wishing for a different kind of warmth..

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

Last edited by Celestine on January 6th, 2016, 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Duchess Asredia
PostPosted: January 6th, 2016, 12:50 am 
King

Duchess,

I would like to offer my assistance in training your people in the way of the sword, if you have use for it. My people have developed many different techniques and battle tactics from their long history as warriors. If you would like assistance feel free to send a messenger directly to me.

Your Friend and Ally,

Post subject: Re: Duchess Asredai
PostPosted: January 6th, 2016, 4:40 am 
Duke

Your highness,

Your assistance in training my people would be most welcome. I look forward to also learning the techniques myself. I'm quite interested in sword fighting. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Sincerely,
Asredia

Last edited by Celestine on January 6th, 2016, 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Duchess Asredia
PostPosted: January 6th, 2016, 4:45 am 
King

Our people will benefit from closer ties during these troublesome times, being a close Geographical neighbour, we can benefit from combining arms until this threat is over.

Post subject: Re: Duchess Asredai
PostPosted: January 25th, 2016, 8:49 am 
Duke

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lady Asredai, are you sure you want to do this?" said the grand-master, helping his duchess onto her horse.

"I must. She said there was a way to fix this.. I cannot just stand by without at least trying!"

"My lady, she is mentally unstable, why would you follow her advice? At least let me come with you..." His tone softened "Please, Asredia.."
She sighed and laid an hand on his cheek. "You know I need you here to keep things under control and prevent anyone from finding out about my departure."

His shoulders slumped in defeat for a few seconds then he straighted up. "As you wish, m'lady." He gave a short bow. "Ride safely"

"I will return as soon as I can. Lets go!" She ordered the 4 others that were to accompany her and kicked her horse. She took one last look over her shoulder at the grand-master and rode off into the mountains.