All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: November 27th, 2015, 5:40 am 
Duke

Asredai paced the small room as the grandmaster looked on with worry.
"Three weeks we've been searching. Three BLOODY WEEKS!" Asredai bellowed angrily. "NOT A DAMN TRACE! We can't keep hiding this from the others in the empire. Reinen cannot go on without a leader for much longer either. All work on Hellasburg has basically ceased and the people are getting antsy."

"We've done all we can, her trail just disappeared beyond Serenity's county, I've told you that." The Grandmaster said calmly, as he had many times before.

Asredai put her hands on the back of a chair and hung her head low, trying to gain control of her emotions, her nails digging into the wood. After a moment she straightened up, slowly.
"Send a letter to the kings and dukes. We cannot wait any longer. I will take over as duchess in her absence."

"As you wish, ma'am." Said The Grandmaster as he stood to retrieve some paper and ink.

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

Esteemed lords and ladies of the empire,

I regret to inform you of the disappearance of the Lady Celestine. I, Asredai Zerna-Blodh, will be taking charge in her place.
I cannot tell you the exact circumstances of her disappearance as we have little to no information ourselves but know that while I am taking charge it does not mean we will not continue searching. I do not ask for any assistance, this letter is but to just inform you. Any help would be appreciated but I have a feeling it would be in vain.
As we gain new information we will keep you informed.

Duchess Asredia Zerna-Blodh of Reinen

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: November 27th, 2015, 2:06 pm 
Duke

Murtagh stood before the windows of the throne room, watching the rain streak across the glass. For three days it had rained, not an uncommon occurrence in Perth, especially in summer, but this downpour had ground production to a halt. The city had slowed and the weather had stopped many ships heading further north. It was days like this that made Murtagh grateful for the warm interiors and the firm, unyielding walls of the castle. Ferris strode toward him, pausing beside the window and watching the old oak his father had planted sway in the wind.

"The foreman has sent word," he began, "We need more lumber. We can't move it from the lumberyard until the rain stops."

"I was worried this would happen," Murtagh sighed heavily. "Every year the path over the mountain becomes near impassible with the rain." They remained quiet for a moment.

"Did you ever build the road around the south of the loch?" Ferris asked.

"We plan to build that after we've laid the foundations of the upper city," Murtagh explained. Ferris nodded. "We can't finish building the road anyway; the mine had closed for fear of flooding."

"Perhaps we should move the entrance to higher ground at some point,"

"Perhaps," Murtagh nodded. He thought for a moment. "Trade to the northern cities is slowed, do we still have those barges at port?"

"I believe so, they normally transport between here and the Valyrian Shipyards." Ferris nodded.

"Good; the loch is sheltered from the worst of the wind. Summon the barge captains and we'll see if it's possible to ferry the lumber across the loch instead of around it."

"It'd be a lot of work," Ferris nodded, "But should be possible."

"It'll have to do for now until this weather subsides," They remained unmoving for a long moment before the doors opened and a runner hurried through the hall. He bowed before them, presenting a scroll to Ferris. The Duke thanked him and read the scroll. As his eyes traveled down the scroll his eyebrows met in a frown. Finally he lowered the scroll and swore. He handed the scroll to Murtagh.

"Duchess Celestine is missing." He explained. Murtagh read the scroll.

"Doesn't sound like they know much."

"No, it doesn't." Ferris shook his head. "Have the Carnoustie's left for Wysteria?"

"Aye, they're sending Murdoch, Braven's younger brother. He's got a good head for business, but not so much for mining, so I asked Master Smith to go with him. His son is taking over the mine here while he inspects the mine in Chester le-ford."

"Good," Ferris nodded, then sighed heavily. "I had hoped to remain here with Rosaly, but with this matter I think it best I go myself."

"No, you stay here with your wife," Murtagh said. "Hellasburg is not too far, I'll go."

"You should take my steed," Ferris nodded, "He's good and fast."

"I'll need both." He nodded to the runner. "You may go, I'll be responding to this letter in person."

PostPosted: November 28th, 2015, 4:10 am 
King

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inland Sea, along the Coast of Hellasburg

Upon hearing of the news, Miss Almandine threw her limited number of ships residing within the inland sea bordered by the edge of Perth, Isilioth and Dawnstar, into action.

A wan grey light filled the air around a bedraggled column of ships off the jagged coastline under a frigid, darkening scene. Helmsmen warily looked across their bows at each other, splashes of water tinged red from guttering torches perched like gargoyles across the ragged flotilla.

"Any sign of the Duchess?", a voice asked.

"None, my lady", came the reply, muffled by the thickening fog and darkening skies.

The figure draped in a cloak which shifted as though it were made from fragments of ice pulled back their hood and ran exhausted fingers through their hair. It was a mess, much the same as the current situation.
Samaia stared out from beside the ship's wheel, beyond the creaking masts and slopping bilges, eyes narrowing at the prospect of another harrowing day searching. Her grip on the rail tightened. While her search party's moral was dropping, her resolve was yet undiminished.
The coastline had been thoroughly scoured, with likely spots searched on land and coastal hamlets interrogated for any information they may possess on the matter.

Duchess Celestine had gone missing.

The thought rebounded through Samaia's head, her teeth clenching, knuckles whitening as the rail creaked under the pressure.
She stopped when she noticed the trader ship's captain staring at her. She let go of the rail and took in a deep breath. The muggy air did nothing to calm her, so unlike the pure air of the untamed, freezing wilderness of Perth or Dawnstar.

The Snow Elf glanced at the other captains arrayed alongside her commandeered vessel. The Grand Duchy of Dawnstar had no presence in these waters yet, and their search and rescue mission had to be conducted with merchant trader galleys. A far cry from the mighty triremes and frigates of the Valyrian Ocean's fleets.
Samaia sighed and couldn't help but think again of the letter she had read a few days prior.

This was inconceivable. That no one had even so much as a hint at her location, their best bet was to continue warily searching and passing word to those. A sudden trashing caught her attention, her crew blearily craning their necks to source the squalling.
A bullseal had been caught by an Orca, its flippers scrabbling uselessly on the ice floe, as it was dragged to its doom. The night drew in further and a wind picked up, a low keening dirge moaning through the rigging. Samaia pulled her hood up again, faint runes glowing on the fractal-looking nature of the cloth design. Ghostly light from the runes causing flickering shadows to distort her already troubled expression, the scion of House Almandine set her jaw in determination. The others would do this were it herself that were in this position, she thought. Gripping the rail once more, she turned to the assembled captains. "Continue the search", she commanded bluntly, her thoughts spinning around the one and only hard fact they were in possession of:

Last edited by Petra Ravnikaar on November 28th, 2015, 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: November 28th, 2015, 7:00 am 
King

Castle Edhevrand

Anthrail stood on the battlements of the castle with his uncle Nathaniel.

"Celestine has gone missing? are you sure uncle?" Anthrail asks

"Quite. No one knows anything about what is going on with her."

"Very well. Since my father is... indisposed, I will take charge of this. She may no longer live here but she is Pyrencian by blood, and dammit that is more important then nationality. Send the Vel'thrank Ceran. Tell them they are to do everything in there power to help. Have the leader of the squadron you send make himself known to this.. Asredai, but no one else if possible."

"As you command, nephew."

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: November 28th, 2015, 8:29 am 
Duke

Asredai was surprised at the amount of help she was receiving after her mothers disappearance. Celestine was a well liked duchess but she had no idea this many would attempt to help.

For the past few days after sending the letter many have come to visit and ask questions and go over the few clues there were. Still nothing though.

All we had was that she went north, on foot oddly enough at her old age, presumably to visit her serf Serenity, but he says she never stopped by. We of course questioned him and even turned to ancient magic to see if he was lying. But it seemed he was telling the truth as he knew it.
Duchess Celestine's tracks ended about a mile north of Serenity's city.... That's where the trail ended... It looked like she just.. teleported away..

PostPosted: November 28th, 2015, 11:43 am 
Duke

Murtagh stood in the wilderness of the countryside, his coat caught in a slight breeze as he stared through the trees are found him. North lay Hellasburg, and south the County of Serenity. He had been a saying in Serenitys County for the last week since arriving and every day he had come back here, to the last known location of the duchess.

The place was empty. He had checked the ground for disturbed dirt, he had checked the trees and rocks for any hidden passages or hideaways. The only people who regularly came through here were travellers actively searching for the duchess as well. However, every night they had to retreat to hide from the moment steers that crept out every night. Indeed, the Sun was setting and it was getting high time to return inside. It was only when the first struggling of a nearby zombie alerted him to their presence that Murtagh finally relented and turned back to the trail.

PostPosted: November 28th, 2015, 8:51 pm 
Duke

Duchess Asredai was sitting up in her bed, sleeplessly looking over documents shes studied many times before when the grandmaster burst into her room.
"Duchess! I apologize for the intrusion but there is something you must see!" He said frantically

Asredai quickly climbed out of bed, her bare feet flinching back at the first touch of the cold stone floor, and put on a robe and slippers.
"What is it, Grandmaster?"

"Come quickly." He replied, leading her out of her bedchamber.

They ran down to to the courtyard, making it just in time to see one of the soldiers land the killing blow on an enderman.
"This is what you wanted me to see?" Asredai said in annoyance before her glance was stolen by something made of diamond where the enderman fell. She walked over to it and gasped, nearly falling over.

"My mother's sword..."

PostPosted: November 28th, 2015, 9:16 pm 
Count

Lady Asredai,

I am writing to you regarding terrible news that was just recently brought to me, from a visitor to Chester-le-Ford. I dearly hope I were misinformed and that your mother is in fact, safely home, but I fear the House of Carnoustie would not spread such terrible stories if they were but rumors...

Lady Asredai, or I should say Duchess Asredai, please know that my heart is with you. Our Houses have built a friendship that I vow to maintain, and if there is something I can help with, I shall stand by your side as I would have for your mother.

Sincerely,

Miss Liserett O'Kleefe, Chester-le-Ford

Appointed Minister of Wysterian Architecture

PostPosted: November 29th, 2015, 5:10 am 
Duke

We have new information. Please meet in Hellasburg.

A simple letter that was sent to all those aiding in finding the missing duchess

PostPosted: November 29th, 2015, 1:15 pm 
King

I will be there post haste.