All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New Count of Leirhorn
PostPosted: August 29th, 2016, 12:24 pm 
Duke

Septimus looked up from his desk and smiled. He knew what was coming. Ludric stood on the other side of Septimus’ desk looking flustered.
“Septimus, the people are not content. You ca-”
“Count”.
“I’m s-sorry?” stuttered Ludric
“It’s Count Septimus. You had better address me by my proper title” Septimus declared through a curled smile. He knew that Ludric had difficulty calling Septimus ‘count’.
‘I apologise ‘Count’ Septimus’” Ludric said with visible annoyance.”The residents of Leirhorn are not happy. The mandatory church attendance is causing friction. Many of our people still believe in the old gods or none at all and the frequent food shortages are having a real impact in towns and cities. “

Rising from his chair, Septimus walked around his desk and walked towards Ludric.
“This has been explained to you multiple times Ludric. My patience is wearing thin. The people here need to go to church each day because the one true god demands it. The food shortages are unpleasant, but necessary. Our missionaries spreading the word of our god need that food.”

“But people are dying sir!“

“Well if they are going to die then they had better hurry up and do it, and decrease the surplus population!” Spat Septimus. "You insist on having this same argument with me Ludric and it frustrates me no end! I will not deviate from the one true path to salvation!"

Sensing that he would not win this argument Ludric turned and made towards the exit. “I can see there is no reasoning with you Count Septimus. Your callous laws and ordinances are destroying this town and others in the region. Your father would be ashamed of you and the way you have destroyed his legacy”

“Well my father is dead and his legacy with him. This county is now mine to do with as I wish. You will all thank me in the afterlife"

- Recipient of the Pyrencian Good Effort Award
- 2016 Winner of the 'Medal of S'alright'
- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

PostPosted: August 29th, 2016, 1:04 pm 
Count

A little dark around the edges... I like it.

The Zealous will prosper, since there is only one true god, Angrosch! And he will reforge our souls in pain and suffering on Jelerak, the anvil of despair.

Praise the Mighty!

PostPosted: August 29th, 2016, 2:16 pm 
King

something sinister is afoot here!

PostPosted: August 29th, 2016, 2:31 pm 

Savage!

PostPosted: August 30th, 2016, 12:50 pm 
Duke

Septimus stared out from the Balcony outside his office and felt his anger rising.

Couldn’t these fools see that what I do, I does out of compassion and not malice? This is all for their own good! Nobody ever said the path to eternal salvation was easy

The crowd assembled beneath him were attempting to force entry into the town hall and remove him from power. The local population had been driven to breaking point due to all the new local laws Septimus had enacted. Sunset curfews, increased taxes, more mandatory church sessions. The people had had enough.

Septimus looked upon the people calling for his head and pitied them. An assortment of guards at the main door were the only thing keeping him from certain harm.

He skulked back into his office and sat down at his desk. He picked up a quill, dipped it in an inkwell and applied it to parchment.

If the rabble here will not be saved, perhaps I can save others elsewhere……..

- Recipient of the Pyrencian Good Effort Award
- 2016 Winner of the 'Medal of S'alright'
- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest