All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 9th, 2016, 4:10 pm 
King

Please Post your Intentions to run, and why you feel you are suitable for this position of Minister of History. Please post what you hope to achieve and what to perhaps do differently from next time.

UPDATE:

Haedren is new Minister.

Mark Stefan is the continuing Deputy.

PostPosted: June 9th, 2016, 4:17 pm 
Duke

I would like to throw my name in the hat for the Minister of Hermertian History position. I have done a lot in the past few months to promote/improve lore on the server, namely through the Scale of Hermertia discussion and pushing for census data. As Minister of Hermertian History, I will continue to promote similar initiatives, as well as work with the community to develop consistent lore for numerous other facets of our world.

The following will be among my initiatives as Minister:

1. Promote the development of realm-level lore to ‘fill out’ our world
There have been some attempts to develop lore for realms before, but they have fizzled out due to lack of interest. I will work to give this initiative a more personal touch by helping others develop realm pages like these. They will not need to have this level of detail, but it would be nice to have some basic details of each realm to use as a framework once the Library is back up and running.

2. Lore-ifying elements of our world to ensure consistency across lore
There are a number of aspects of our world that we have never really formalized in lore, yet play at least some role in the history of our peoples. At the beginning of each month, I will begin and moderate a lore discussion of elements of our world that have yet to be formalized in lore, with the ultimate goal of coming to a consensus on exactly how to handle these items when writing lore. Here are some examples of potential discussion topics:

- Enchanting
- The Nether and its structures
- The End and its structures
- Diamonds as a material for tools and armor
- Elytra

3. Improving character lore sheets
Sam has done a fine job with the character lore sheets, but I believe there are some improvements that can be made in this area. I would like to create two new subforums: “Current Character Lore Sheets” and “Deceased/Previous Character Lore Sheets”. Each subforum will contain posts dedicated to a specific character, which can be moved from the Current to Deceased subforum after a character is retired. This will be a more organized and searchable way of compiling the lore of our characters.

Thank you all for considering me for this position!

PostPosted: June 9th, 2016, 6:11 pm 

I do not want to run for this position, but rather offer my continued services as the Deputy Minister of Hermertian History under whomever is voted the Minister.

Although I am new to the Mercurian Empire, I've contributed much already to the historical record keeping of the server already. Through my efforts to keep accurate historical records by providing the empire with accurate calendars:

I've helped to make sure we are on track and don't forget entire months, or misinterpret the time keeping system.

Good luck to whomever is appointed into this position.

PostPosted: June 21st, 2016, 3:39 pm 
King

Haedren of Casadia is now the Minister for Hermertian History. The post title has been edited to reflect this.

Mark Stefan will make a capable and motivated deputy as he did during my time with him as the former History Minister.

Congratulations!