All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 8:59 pm 
King

Ok, so we were talking on mumble today and we kinda came up with a solution, if everyone else agrees with it.

So, August 1st was the beginning of the Cycle of the Phoenix. This makes it now Phoenix 00-00. The Dark Age was an indeterminate amount of time, and every nation seems to have their own dating system that places its length at different times. So, characters that were alive before are still alive as we don't know how much time technically passed. All nations came together at the Imperial City meeting and decided that we would place the date at the 430th Year of the Emperor, even if this isn't the precise date.

Does this sound like a plan?

of River's End

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 9:00 pm 
King

Samaia Almandine wrote:
I have no arguments against this, however, I will mention that a few of us were concerned about our character's lifespan being over quickly if we made the span too long.

We could adjust our character's age rather than change the time a little bit then ?

A period of a few mercannum is more significant for a " Dark Ages feel, as a Mercannum would be pretty short.

Would the adjusted date be something like Year of the Emperor 450 or there abouts?

Unless we wanted to go along with this. Either works for me.

of River's End

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 9:06 pm 
Duke

I feel like I'm being ignored :( the issue Arjen is that the mercannums are attached to the real world and should stay the way they were so that they don't suddenly change and everyone gets confused.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 9:19 pm 
King

i dont think its really going to confuse anyone, especially since its been clearly stated here. its not like we just changed it without telling anyone.

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 9:26 pm 
Duke

No but it's just more simple to keep it that way, people knew how to keep track of mercannums it doesn't make sense that we lost all track of time.. why change it now? We've had big shifts before and it never changed.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 9:29 pm 
King

we didnt lose all/most of our information/records during the last big shifts. this way its simpler for us to deal with that, by starting a clean slate. not to mention it feels more like a clean slate to start at 00-00. otherwise what the hell happened in 00-00->00-02 or whatever if we start in 00-00. its simpler to just call it "The Dark Ages" and get back to what we were doing

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 9:30 pm 
King

No one is changing a Mercannum = a Month IRL.

The mystery and uncertainness of the lore-side of things where records were destroyed, and ignorance reigned was Arjen's point I believe.

Ok so: ill edit the original post to reflect the "indeterminate" amount of time the Dark Age lasted for, but the current year that we've agreed upon and the start of a new cycle is the 430th year of the Emperor, Phoenix 00-00.

We could debate for ages about it but i'd rather this just go ahead with this.

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 9:32 pm 
Duke

But we started construction back in june... which is 00 00 which is when things started to look brighter and the website came back up.. it just makes sense.

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 10:49 pm 
King

A valid point, we did start things then. Are you keen to make it so that the start of the Thoannum, or IRL year is from June to June then?

That would put us in the.... 3rd Mercannum, 1st Era of the Cycle of the Phoenix.

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 10:58 pm 
Duke

That is what I've been stating yes.

Duke of Kaine

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next