All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 1:01 pm 
Duke

The issue is its august which is always the third mercannum Arjen

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 4:11 pm 
King

We've had some blips in our history. How would people feel about making it the 3rd Mercannum instead of the 1st in keeping with tradition?

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 5:15 pm 
King

August has always been the 3rd mercannum? Well, the more you know I suppose haha. Anyways, wouldn't it be good to start anew with 00 considering we went through a bit of a "dark age" where timekeeping kinda got brushed to the wayside? Then we can say that anything that happened between the Regent leaving and now happened in "the dark age" instead of fretting about what mercannum it actually was. Just a thought.

of River's End

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 5:34 pm 
Duke

I have to agree with Arjen here. Referring to the all the chaos that happened as the Dark Age would not only be beneficial to veteran players, but also to new players. A fresh start could also be used to just get us in order as well.

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 6:14 pm 
King

Alexander wrote:
I have to agree with Arjen here. Referring to the all the chaos that happened as the Dark Age would not only be beneficial to veteran players, but also to new players. A fresh start could also be used to just get us in order as well.

Yep, the fresh start would be great. This allows us to be 100% sure that all dates from now and into the future are accurate. Not only that, but how cool would it be to have a dark ages lore wise :) ? We can say it was about 7 mercannums long approximately (I think the Regent left in January), and we only just now have gotten Empire operations up and running once again. Again, thoughts would be great on this!

of River's End

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 6:24 pm 
King

I believe that we have already decided that it was a Mercannum (6 years) worth of chaos and darkness following the Regent's departure, and the current Year - 430, reflects the time difference, as it was around 423-424 when the Regent left as pieced together from the scraps of Lore that people had saved not on the website.

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 7:03 pm 
Duke

Well yeah but the mercannum is a time /date it allows us to keep track of timing and actual years, it states that it's the 3rd mercannum in the era

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 7:06 pm 
King

Wait, we decided that it was only a Mercannum? Ehhh, I don't know how well that sits with me considering it was at least like half a year that we didn't really have much in order and a lot of people were relatively inactive from the server. Whatever the community desires I'll stand by, but I don't remember ever voting on any period of time specifically.

of River's End

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 8:22 pm 
Duke

Yeah I agree with Arjen, on it being more then a mercannum that is... but again I raise that if we go by outside time dictating time in game then we should stick by the same mercannum schedule as the mercannum are like the bigger months that hold years, while they are always slightly different they always equal a full era

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 8:55 pm 
King

I have no arguments against this, however, I will mention that a few of us were concerned about our character's lifespan being over quickly if we made the span too long.

We could adjust our character's age rather than change the time a little bit then ?

A period of a few mercannum is more significant for a " Dark Ages feel, as a Mercannum would be pretty short.

Would the adjusted date be something like Year of the Emperor 450 or there abouts?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next