All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 7th, 2016, 7:15 pm 

Morgana wrote:
Not the new world no, I'm not sure of the origin of this, I assume just the foudning of teh Empire, as the Empire existed in the old World as well. Regent will know. I just use the YoE as an easier time keeping method and then translate it into Mercanna for official stuff

So I can basically ignore the rest of the stuff then? I can base all dates off of the year of the emperor, then just translate it back if I have to?

PostPosted: May 7th, 2016, 9:05 pm 
Duke

Pretty much, It's always good to keep track of the marcanna, however it isn't easy. I keep track of it in my lore so generally I can help with the date, even if I can't add and subtract properly. At some point we're expecting there to be a continually running clock which will tell us the current date, but until then if you need to know the mercannum date just ask and someone will get it for you.

PostPosted: July 10th, 2016, 7:07 pm 
Duke

Okay, so a question from Asamu regarding the dates prior to the dark ages Hastert me stumped and I would like to clarify this point. In this thread it appears we accepted the age of Phoenix to start in June 2015 in year of the emperor 430. This is assuming that January 2015 was year of emperor 423-424.

Given one month being six years I'd just like to clarify what was the date at the beginning of January in terms of year of the emperor. We know what the mercanna are based on other lore documents but not year of the emperor. Does anyone know when we started counting year of the emperor or know what date January 1st 2015 was so we can count backwards?