All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 1st, 2017, 9:40 pm 
King

Greetings.

A standard term of 6 mercannum has elapsed since the election of the previous Minister for this Ministry; therefore, as per the Cabinet Acts of the Imperial Codex, an election has been scheduled for the position of Minister of Hermertian Culture.

All members of the Empire holding a noble rank (Counts, Dukes, and Kings/Queens) at the time of this announcement may declare their candidacy for the position of Minister of Hermertian Culture within the following week. On January 7, one week from this announcement, this thread will be locked and a period of voting shall begin that will run for one week. All members of the Empire holding a noble rank may at this time cast a single vote for the candidate of their choice; at the conclusion of the week, on January 14, the candidate receiving the greatest number of votes shall be elected Minister. If a single candidate runs unopposed, they shall be elected by default; if no candidate runs, the previous individual to hold the position shall retain it.

Beginning now, you may cast your candidacy for Minister of Hermertian Culture. Share details of your platform, and respond to questions if asked. These are historic and vital positions within Hermertia and the community, and we look forward to seeing the election process unfold. Best of luck to all.

For Glory!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: January 1st, 2017, 11:12 pm 
Count

I would like to apply for the position of Minister of Hermertian Culture on the following manifesto:

Though I know I am a new member to the community, I believe that my ideas can help not just new users grasp better the lore of the cultures of Hermertia, but also old players. I have 5 main points that I would like to present:

1) Language – My first point focuses around the linguistics side of the server. Though the post created by Mark serves as a great starting point I believe that more details could be added. I would like to see conlangs created for the server to serve as a testament to our dedication. I would do this by holding month long competitions to develop your language, with appropriate prizes offered. I believe this would benefit the server as, as said before, it would show our dedication to lore and worldbuilding. Furthermore, I also believe it would also further bring together the community as we would be working together to develop our realms linguistic identities.

2) Books – Though it may not seem like an obvious or good idea, I believe books would dramatically help new players grasp the cultural lore of the server. The books would come in two forms; in game basic books with limited information distributed to all current active players and put into chests in Concordia for new players, and also PDF with diagrams and full information. This task I would take on myself – I have experience writing similar books – and would aim for completion within 7 or 8 months of starting. I believe these books would be an intuitive way for new and old players to learn information on the cultures of the server.

3) New Users – I took time to learn the lore of the server and I still feel like I know very little compared to other users. A lot of people however do not have this time and I believe it would be a good idea to provide not just books but posts on the forums to point them to in order to help them learn the cultural lore of the server.

4) Reorganisation – Perhaps the most radical idea, I plan on reorganising the cultural sub-forum into several smaller sub-forums under one. The sub-forums would be:
a. Cultures – This would focus on the cultures of Hermertia.
b. Languages – This would focus on the languages of the Empire and would include linguistic history as well.
c. Religions – Though there is already a religions sub-forum in the Scholars and Mystics forum, I believe that the religions can be better stored and improved in its own section within the Culture Forum.
d. Competitions – I am adamant about competitions on the forum, as I believe it will help activity and help develop the cultural aspect of the server.

5) Activity – By this I do not mean server activity, but the development of culture activity. I have not seen much development except from a couple of posts which to me is a shame as I believe that cultures if properly done are the very back bone of every fantasy world. I will increase activity with of course the competitions, and also incentives to post.

Those are my five ideas to improve the Ministry of Cultures should I be elected. Thank you for considering my application!
-Raymond.

Master of Trade in the Katoraktonion Sea.

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2017, 8:36 pm 
King

Id like to offer services as a deputy minister for this ministry position. I think Raymond has some excellent ideas.