All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crest of the Emperor
PostPosted: August 26th, 2016, 12:40 am 
King

Mark Accynnafon wrote:
Gimpy IV wrote:
Okay, this is from mobile so it's gonna be quick. Please guys, don't state that everyone on the server feels a certain way when some of us have said we don't. Please don't pretend that you aren't being rude, I'd say a lot of you were on both sides. And to add my two cents even though it probably doesn't matter, as I've stated before the regent is still the regent. It's his crest that he designed, if you think he shouldn't have it because of his actions that's fine, but something that someone creates I think they should have the right to use for a forum crest that in the end means very little.

Legally, the position does not exist.

Legally it may not, but perhaps traditionally it does.

of River's End

PostPosted: August 26th, 2016, 12:42 am 

King Arjen IV wrote:
Mark Accynnafon wrote:
Gimpy IV wrote:
Okay, this is from mobile so it's gonna be quick. Please guys, don't state that everyone on the server feels a certain way when some of us have said we don't. Please don't pretend that you aren't being rude, I'd say a lot of you were on both sides. And to add my two cents even though it probably doesn't matter, as I've stated before the regent is still the regent. It's his crest that he designed, if you think he shouldn't have it because of his actions that's fine, but something that someone creates I think they should have the right to use for a forum crest that in the end means very little.

Legally, the position does not exist.

Legally it may not, but perhaps traditionally it does.

It's also legal, and tradition to perma-ban people who cheat on that level. Should we follow that tradition as well? I don't think anyone wants that.

PostPosted: August 26th, 2016, 12:47 am 
King

Mark Accynnafon wrote:
It's also legal, and tradition to perma-ban people who cheat on that level. Should we follow that tradition as well? I don't think anyone wants that.

I would very much like to see where the Carta says exactly this. I understand the frustration some may feel towards what happened last year, however the Regent is right in saying that many people have done similar things over the years. The Regent's was just the most public case
because of his position.

of River's End

PostPosted: August 26th, 2016, 12:47 am 
Duke

Arjen took the words out of my mouth, or I guess the text out of my thumbs? Idk... Either way I agree it doesn't exist, great, but the crown was his design and I believe he should be able to use it. Mark, what you don't seem to get is the regent is our friend, he was before the incident and he is after, that counts for something. there are repercussions for people's actions and those will happen and have happened, but I and others don't think this is a necessary repercussion, that is why they used the words witch hunt and other such things, because you and Darius people who weren't even around for the stuff that happened seem to be trying to remove the most from the regent. We were there, I felt he repercussions, so did Arjen, definitely scrios and kyn did as well. It sucked, but we don't feel the same way as you for some reason. That is why they might label it as a witch hunt.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

Last edited by Gimpy V on August 26th, 2016, 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: August 26th, 2016, 12:53 am 
King

Gimpy IV wrote:
Arjen took the words out of my mouth, or I guess the text out of my thumbs? Idk... Either way I agree it doesn't exist, great, but the crown was his design and I believe he should be able to use it. Leni, what you don't seem to get is the regent is our friend, he was before the incident and he is after, that counts for something. there are repercussions for people's actions and those will happen and have happened, but I and others don't think this is a necessary repercussion, that is why they used the words witch hunt and other such things, because you and Darius people who weren't even around for the stuff that happened seem to be trying to remove the most from the regent. We were there, I felt he repercussions, so did Arjen, definitely scrios and kyn did as well. It sucked, but we don't feel the same way as you for some reason. That is why they might label it as a witch hunt.

Could not have said it better myself Gimpy my lad.

of River's End

PostPosted: August 26th, 2016, 12:53 am 
Duke

Riiiiiiiiiiight. I wasn't there to be affected by Regent's actions, Gimpy? I've been a member of this community for two years, long enough to see everything unfold accordingly. Funny, how you claim these things. Also why did you type "Leni" in your response to Mark? I don't understand and neither does he.

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

PostPosted: August 26th, 2016, 12:57 am 
Duke

My mistake Darius, forgot you were there, around that time. And the Leni thing was any accident. I'm on my phone sooo
It is fixed now.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: August 26th, 2016, 1:00 am 
King

Haha. We get it already. Legally the position doesn't exist. Cool.

The Regent is still the Regent could just mean that he is still respected by us due to the countless hours we spent with him ;). Not to point out the obvious for you though.

PostPosted: August 26th, 2016, 1:08 am 

Kyn wrote:
Haha. We get it already. Legally the position doesn't exist. Cool.

The Regent is still the Regent could just mean that he is still respected by us due to the countless hours we spent with him ;). Not to point out the obvious for you though.

Of course.

Nowhere did I give any disrespect to another person. Yet, I've been called rude, names of various server criminals, etc. I've been nothing but polite to regent and had some great times/discussions with him.

I'm not so sure about my continued participation here. I was only trying to represent the voices of less forum active and more in game active people whom I talk to on Discord. It's amazing how the least active post the most when "tradition" is in the way. No disrespect, simply a fact. I wanted to avoid a brewing shit storm, one that has been brewing over the summer due to Regent's return to the forums. Many are still VERY bitter over what happened - what he did literally almost killed the community. From what I've been told, the server community would have been gone had Siden not taken the responsibility and also managed to finally get a server backup after a lot of discussion. People are mad ( obviously I'm only invested in the present, that stuff didn't effect me in anyway) and the present situation is that many people are upset by things said on the forums by Regent - the crest was the boiling point.

I tried talking with Sam and Scrios about it, expressing my concerns, to no avail.

Just because more people aren't posting ( after all, it's still school/work hours for some people even now) doesn't mean they agree/disagree. Some people don't voice their opinion on controversial topics because they are worried about rank ascensions and the like.

I really didn't want to create a mess. I wanted to prevent one. I've done my best to present logical arguments, only to be told "they make no sense." Throughout my time here, I've also (I think) done a good job of seeing things from the opposing viewpoint. Why has their been so much resistance to such a little thing? Are you Kings/Dukes incapable of seeing things from the other side? Why do you think those of us on this side are trying to be insulting? Why are you taking so much offense so quickly? Do you lack the empathy to see how some people are upset?

PostPosted: August 26th, 2016, 1:13 am 
Count

Guys... do you really don't have anything better to do then arguing about such stuff? As far as I see it from a legal perspective the issue is quite easy. The Regent designed the crown. By this it is his intellectual property. You can't tell him to remove the crown but use it for the emperor unless he is fine with that.

Additionally, is the shape of a crown in a crest on the forum really such a big thing, that we all have to discuss it?

Build some ducks, flying ships or just a GIANT dirt penis... seems more productive then arguing about this. Let him have is crest. Since this is a "rpg fantasy" thing, we shouldn't go over board with rules.

Roglar out ^^

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next