All times are UTC [ DST ]

Emperor Candidates
Poll ended at August 9th, 2016, 5:10 am
King Myron 100%  100%  [ 6 ]
King Myron 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: Re: Emperor Elections
PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 5:36 am 

Well, that just happened. Are you baked or something?

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 5:38 am 
King

Personal opinions aside, let's keep this professional everyone. This is the Offices of the Emperor, a venerable institution regardless of feelings for other members.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 5:49 am 
King

What is unprofessional about raising an honest concern and opinion as a member of the community that this post should be treated with respect? Myron is one of the most important and energetic members of the entire community but there is nothing wrong with encouraging him to not use it as a soap box for ridiculousness.

Keep the 'are you baked' stuff out of the Cabinet threads, good sir.

Also, we are about to have a new king or so, so it's too bad this process was sped up over a week when new contenders might have been a good competition.

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 5:54 am 
King

Also, the indoles carta is not even fully ratified yet. I can't help but feel this was hasty. But, if this IS the law, I will not challenge it. King Myron, if you are indeed recognized as the Emperor, I am sworn to your side and will do as you need re: your ceremonial duties. Feel free to reach out at any time and ask me to help with absolutely anything within the purvue of your excellency and title. You have a greater passion for this community than pretty much anyone, and that much is the honest truth, so in many ways, you are a great representative of said community. For the Empire!

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 6:00 am 

What your comment shows is that you have a large disconnect with the community at this point in time.

It was discussed for weeks in forums and on mumble.

The law passed the House of Dukes and the Council of the Crowned.

The amendment to make kings nominate themselves was suggested by King Scios, and passed by the House of Dukes and the Council of the Crowned.

It's been two weeks since the original passing of the law. On mumble we agreed initially (and over a dozen people were involved in this at the time) that nominations would begin immediately and voting would proceed afterwards. Therefore, this was not hasty at all.

Saying "but the first elected emperor is likely someone who will make a joke or mockery of the position" is highly inappropriate, a huge insult to OUR first non-self appointed Emperor, and hugely disrespectful to the community that carefully crafted these laws and guidelines through hours of respectful and calm debate and discussion.

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 6:27 am 
King

I think this is being blown out of proportion, and I apologize for that. I was indeed raising a cautious opinion; and opinions, especially simple reflective criticisms, should not be so vilified I think. Pyrencia and Minervan history runs deep and historical. I do not deny his important role in the community; it is one of the strongest and is an integral part of the community spirit. I just wanted to raise that it is indeed supposed to be a respectful post. My disagreement with the laws themselves ended, I understand the law is the law. I will consider making an amendment proposal years later, but perhaps not. There is nothing wrong with an ounce of reflection and sharing when proceeding with new institutions.

We should be able to publicly raise comments about each other's strengths and weaknesses, just like our institutions as well. We need to value self and community critical sharing, not vilify it.

I am just making a political statement about the ceremonial post. If it turns into, years later, a place of origin for many of the newest and most popular NSFW thread posts, then that's possibility an outcome we as a community will respectfully discourage, right?

Vilify me if you want, but its an important point. I am not alone in wishing certain aspects of our lore-play was treated a bit more professional that it often does.

This got off topic a bit.

To the Honourable new Emperor

I am a staltwart defender of the Emperor, and the community's visions and desires. This first choice is in fact one of the best choices without any doubt. Myron, you and your line has a long history of promoting the values and interests of the Empire. Minerva and Pyriencia have shared many projects. From towns in Anishabek, to scouting the lands that became the north part of your great Kingdom. I am excited to see this outcome.
I aimed, indeed, for a public debate, and was saddened to see one did not happen. Because I have no doubt you would have showcased your activity and engagement, which would have led to your winning anyway. I am loyal to your victory, and am excited about your reign.

You know more about the lands around you than any other existing crown member. Your engagement and understanding of the community pulse is unmatched. And therefore you are honourable and divine. I respectfully recognize you as the new Emperor. And I will make myself as useful as possible and as disposable to your interests as possible.

Long live the Emperor

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 6:44 am 
King

An apology to the Emperor-elect:
It was disrepsectful of me not to wait a few weeks before raising a concern with the procedural method. The precedent for the first one should have been a healthy debate, not a procedural victory. I was making the observation when nothing else happened, that the procedure was fishy. I suppose I should have waited a few weeks and done it in retrospect, to fully respect the holy new Emperor in his first moments, but still, Myron up, against any other contender, you would have for sure won. You are the most connected and engaged of any possible other crown. You would have eviscerated many other would-be-contenders on the record of activity, understanding the community, and engagement alone.

But still, surely we will have a ceremonial event right? That gives a small time between the procedural results and the official crowning? In that time, I revert my full attention and will prioritize it above all else the preparation of said ceremony (I can work hard for the next 24 hours good emperor, just put me to work).

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 6:53 am 
King

And, it was also deeply disrespectful of me to use the timing of the election to raise comments about the need for certain panache. I should have done that during the week of voting. I guess that's why the timing felt short, because a lot of us were at weddings or have broken computers. But I know with no doubt that at ceremonial and formal events, countless of which leaders from Minerva and Pyrencia have experienced together, that you are one with the most integrity and passion for the soul of the empire. I apologize for fearing some of your magnificiently addicting personality in terms of humor would bleed into formal events. It definitely will not, and I'm deeply ashamed I mentioned it. Please accept my apology.

With the election, you are now the Emperor-elect. It will be interesting for the entire community to get used to you as their new Emperor. How long will you wait before the ceremony? How long should it be? I'm at your service!