All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: November 12th, 2016, 7:53 am 
King

Hey all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm going to be taking a break from the server for a while. I said some things I should not have a few days ago, and am certainly sorry for that. I've browsed through Discord chat along with the forums and generally feel as though some people would rather not have me around at the moment.

I would like to address the continued notion that I am some kind of racist, however, because this genuinely stings every time someone mentions it. Contrary to popular belief at the moment, I believe I can say that I do not "spout racist s**t in game" as much as some would have others believe. But, believe me when I say that I am genuinely sorry for the times in which I did say something offensive. Of course, given the current heated tempers, this apology may not come off as genuine or be accepted. But, all I can do is apologize and hope anyone affected will accept it.

Anyways, I look forward to being able to come back at some point. Even though I don't get to spend a whole lot of time on the server, I enjoy every second I'm on there with you guys. I'll pop in on the forums from time to time. Until I do come back, please consider me an inactive crown. I have a bit of lore to go along with my indefinite departure.

*Set in King Arjen IV's study in Florae*

The King's leathery, wrinkled hands reached up to grasp the flower adorned crown that had sat upon his head for countless mercannum. He removed it and gently placed it on the top of his desk. Slowly, he sighed to himself, pondering the way in which he should make his announcement.

With great reluctance, the King smoothed out a piece of parchment, dipped his peacock feather quill in ink, and began to write:

To my friends and allies of the Council,
It is with great regret that I must inform you that I shall be leaving you and my people. I cannot say much other than that, in due time, my successor shall perhaps be ready to return to your ranks. He will know when the time is right.

My weary bones have grown tired of this world. I can no longer call myself an effective diplomat or King. It is because of this, that I am departing. May Erts continue to bless your efforts in building a closer Empire.

For Glory!

King Arjen IV

The old King signed his name, and sealed the letter with his crest. Leaving the letter on the table, he grabbed his trusty sword, a bundle of carrots, and walked out into the bustling Florae evening. He slowly strolled through the city, waving at those who cried out his name. Oh the pain he felt! Knowing that this was the last time he was to see so many familiar faces.

He came upon Florae's vast gate, took one last look at the city behind him, and calmly ventured out into the Ertian wilderness. There was was one more adventure to be had.

*End*

Once again, I am truly sorry for the times I was an asshat. I can only hope that you guys will accept my apology, and at some point in the future I can continue to help move the server forward, always towards a better future.

For Glory!

-Josh

of River's End

PostPosted: November 12th, 2016, 4:29 pm 
King

We're ways here with open arms. It's ways hard to write something like this but there is always onwards and upwards, and we may stumble and fall back on that journey there's always a chance to pick one's self up and keep going forward. Thanks for writing this in these trying times.

- Sammich

PostPosted: November 12th, 2016, 5:03 pm 
King

The House of Eberhardt and Kingdom of Perth are deeply troubled by this news but accept its content. Come back soon good King, you will be missed by the majority of us I would imagine and have always enjoyed our interactions.

Keep in touch!

PostPosted: November 12th, 2016, 7:42 pm 
Duke

Arjen, you should know there are a good deal of us who felt that what some people have said against you were harsh and unjustified. Maybe I should have said something to you but here we are now. The negativity that seems to becoming common place here (I'm a part of it too, I know) is a little saddening to be honest. I love all of you and sometimes we just need to take a chill pill. Anyway, you are always welcome in Kaine friend. I hope to hear from you soon!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: November 12th, 2016, 11:13 pm 
Duke

The fact that you feel the need to say this and take a step back saddens me. You'll be missed while your gone mate.

- Recipient of the Pyrencian Good Effort Award
- 2016 Winner of the 'Medal of S'alright'
- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

PostPosted: November 12th, 2016, 11:59 pm 
King

Definitely saddens me to hear this news, I hope to see you someday soon my friend.