All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: oh
PostPosted: November 9th, 2016, 4:46 pm 
King

Tbh, the DNC has nobody to blame but themselves. America wanted a political outsider who wasn't part of the establishment. Bernie Sanders would have all but served the victory to them on a platter. The rigged primaries absolutely fucked over any chance they had at winning this. No, America is not going to fall apart. We've had bad presidents before. If anything, this may be a blessing in desguise for American politics. Imagine how badly people will want a truly great and honest candidate next time if Trump does poorly?

Also, the self defeatist attitude is a bit of a downer. Get out there and be the best people you can be. Let this motivate you to become more involved with your community, or try harder to find a bit of money to donate to a good cause. Prove to the world that America is still awesome and that we care about each other.

of River's End

PostPosted: November 9th, 2016, 5:00 pm 

You're only saying that shit because you voted for the bastard.

PostPosted: November 9th, 2016, 5:13 pm 
King

King Arjen IV wrote:
Tbh, the DNC has nobody to blame but themselves. America wanted a political outsider who wasn't part of the establishment. Bernie Sanders would have all but served the victory to them on a platter. The rigged primaries absolutely fucked over any chance they had at winning this. No, America is not going to fall apart. We've had bad presidents before. If anything, this may be a blessing in desguise for American politics. Imagine how badly people will want a truly great and honest candidate next time if Trump does poorly?

Also, the self defeatist attitude is a bit of a downer. Get out there and be the best people you can be. Let this motivate you to become more involved with your community, or try harder to find a bit of money to donate to a good cause. Prove to the world that America is still awesome and that we care about each other.

Thats what ideally would happen, everyone just gets on with it, but with their stated plans:

Mark Accynnafon wrote:
RIP National parks
RIP Healthcare industry stability
RIP Renewable energy
RIP environment
RIP Supreme court
RIP getting rid of Citizen's United
RIP race relations
RIP US respect
RIP our alliances

How is that a good idea? All of these are essentially villainous tropes from a film. How is it in any way ok for the Government to force it's religiously motivated made up beliefs on women? How is that ok?

Hilary might be a shit choice for the DNC and theres plenty of people
to blame for this entire shitstorm, but fuck me is this a terrifying prospect.

PostPosted: November 9th, 2016, 5:14 pm 
King

I'm not going to apologize for not wanting someone like Hillary in office. Tolerance goes both ways, and I would have wholely accepted her presidency if she would have won. I expect a similar level of respect from those of you who disliked Trump.

The fact of the matter is, I work the healthcare field. I can tell you from firsthand experience that Obamacare has not been an overwhelming success, like the media would have you believe. It needs to be retooled, and that would not have happened under Hillary. This is why I voted for Trump.

He was not a great option, whatsoever. I wish we would have had another choice, I really do. In my mind, however, he was the most palatable of the two.

of River's End

PostPosted: November 9th, 2016, 5:16 pm 
King

Samyrrah Almandine wrote:
King Arjen IV wrote:

Thats what ideally would happen, everyone just gets on with it, but with their stated plans:

Mark Accynnafon wrote:
RIP National parks
RIP Healthcare industry stability
RIP Renewable energy
RIP environment
RIP Supreme court
RIP getting rid of Citizen's United
RIP race relations
RIP US respect
RIP our alliances

How is that a good idea? All of these are essentially villainous tropes from a film. How is it in any way ok for the Government to force it's religiously motivated made up beliefs on women? How is that ok?

Hilary might be a shit choice for the DNC and theres plenty of people
to blame for this entire shitstorm, but fuck me is this a terrifying prospect.

Trump was a true blood democrat until just a few years ago. It is my strong belief that he was pandering for votes in order to get into office. I think that he will be much more moderate than he appeared.

of River's End

PostPosted: November 9th, 2016, 5:18 pm 

I think those are all things that even moderate Republicans want to see happen. I don't think any of us can predict what he's actually going to do - but that's a terrible reason to justify voting for him or defend his presidency. He's a racist, sexist criminal that should have never come close to the presidency.

PostPosted: November 9th, 2016, 5:18 pm 

King Arjen IV wrote:
I'm not going to apologize for not wanting someone like Hillary in office. Tolerance goes both ways, and I would have wholely accepted her presidency if she would have won. I expect a similar level of respect from those of you who disliked Trump.

The fact of the matter is, I work the healthcare field. I can tell you from firsthand experience that Obamacare has not been an overwhelming success, like the media would have you believe. It needs to be retooled, and that would not have happened under Hillary. This is why I voted for Trump.

He was not a great option, whatsoever. I wish we would have had another choice, I really do. In my mind, however, he was the most palatable of the two.

I think you may see in game responses to this. People aren't happy and don't respect someone who voted for Trump.

PostPosted: November 9th, 2016, 5:37 pm 
King

Mark Accynnafon wrote:
King Arjen IV wrote:

I think you may see in game responses to this. People aren't happy and don't respect someone who voted for Trump.

That would be incredibly hypocritical, as those who voted for Hillary overwhelmingly preach tolerance and acceptance. Does this tolerance not apply to those who have a different political viewpoint as yourself? I would be a bit disappointed if that were the case.

This election was largely about voting for whichever party your ideals align with the most. Call me old fashioned, but I prefer to see a smaller government and a stronger millitary. Hillary would have pursued neither of these things.

Additionally, I hope that you are just temporarily bitter about the election. You have every right to be, considering your ideal candidate lost. But please, don't take it out against someone who you would have, I hoped, considered a friend before the election. This kind of attitude is what will tear America apart if left unchecked. Can we not try to at least work together to help make the USA a better place to live?

of River's End

PostPosted: November 9th, 2016, 5:51 pm 

King Arjen IV wrote:
Mark Accynnafon wrote:
King Arjen IV wrote:

That would be incredibly hypocritical, as those who voted for Hillary overwhelmingly preach tolerance and acceptance. Does this tolerance not apply to those who have a different political viewpoint as yourself? I would be a bit disappointed if that were the case.

This election was largely about voting for whichever party your ideals align with the most. Call me old fashioned, but I prefer to see a smaller government and a stronger millitary. Hillary would have pursued neither of these things.

Additionally, I hope that you are just temporarily bitter about the election. You have every right to be, considering your ideal candidate lost. But please, don't take it out against someone who you would have, I hoped, considered a friend before the election. This kind of attitude is what will tear America apart if left unchecked. Can we not try to at least work together to help make the USA a better place to live?

How can I possibly be tolerant for someone who is racist, sexist, and an admitted sexual assaulter? Do you not understand how tolerance works?

How can I be ok with you defending Trump when you on a regular basis said very racist things in game chat? I don't believe for a second that you really believe in making America a better place. You liked Trump for his bullshit.

PostPosted: November 9th, 2016, 6:04 pm 
King

Quote:
How can I possibly be tolerant for someone who is racist, sexist, and an admitted sexual assaulter? Do you not understand how tolerance works?

How can I be ok with you defending Trump when you on a regular basis said very racist things in game chat? I don't believe for a second that you really believe in making America a better place. You liked Trump for his bullshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next