All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: oh
PostPosted: November 9th, 2016, 7:13 pm 
King

Mark Accynnafon wrote:
That's a huge difference than saying the N word, and it wasn't just a few times. I've seen it many times, especially the first few times I ever saw you in game.

I could say huge dick anything race for Emperor and it still wouldn't be racist. Using a terrible derogatory word, and joking about how awesome nazis are is. I don't think I have to convince anyone of these things either.

I don't know of anyone on the server who uses it every time they come on, nor who defends it when called out on it.

Every time I come on?? Jesus, how delusional are you? You can say and think what you'd like, but that doesn't make it true.

Also, have you never been on Reddit or any other mass forum before? In case you haven't, joking about Hitler is rather the norm. Perhaps that doesn't make it right, but I think it's fair to say that I DO NOT agree with the horrible things Nazi's did all those years ago. Yet another way in which sarcasm apparently doesn't cross the keyboard for you.

of River's End

PostPosted: November 9th, 2016, 7:19 pm 

King Arjen IV wrote:
Mark Accynnafon wrote:
That's a huge difference than saying the N word, and it wasn't just a few times. I've seen it many times, especially the first few times I ever saw you in game.

I could say huge dick anything race for Emperor and it still wouldn't be racist. Using a terrible derogatory word, and joking about how awesome nazis are is. I don't think I have to convince anyone of these things either.

I don't know of anyone on the server who uses it every time they come on, nor who defends it when called out on it.

Every time I come on?? Jesus, how delusional are you? You can say and think what you'd like, but that doesn't make it true.

Also, have you never been on Reddit or any other mass forum before? In case you haven't, joking about Hitler is rather the norm. Perhaps that doesn't make it right, but I think it's fair to say that I DO NOT agree with the horrible things Nazi's did all those years ago. Yet another way in which sarcasm apparently doesn't cross the keyboard for you.

Dude, you come on so little that it's pretty easy to remember the few things you say.

You joke and bring up Hitler far more than any normal person. It doesn't come across as sarcasm, especially combined with such heavy use of the N word and voting for Trump.

PostPosted: November 9th, 2016, 7:21 pm 
Duke

Let's all chill and revisit this thread with cooler heads.

PostPosted: November 9th, 2016, 7:27 pm 
Count

Cerydon wrote:
Let's all chill and revisit this thread with cooler heads.

Seconded, I think things are getting a bit too personal and a bit too heated.

Master of Trade in the Katoraktonion Sea.

PostPosted: November 9th, 2016, 7:30 pm 
King

Mark Accynnafon wrote:
Dude, you come on so little that it's pretty easy to remember the few things you say.

My most sincere apologies for having a job, grad school, and friends to eat up most of my minecraft playing hours.

Mark Accynnafon wrote:
You joke and bring up Hitler far more than any normal person. It doesn't come across as sarcasm, especially combined with such heavy use of the N word and voting for Trump.

Thanks for continuing to bring up more anecdotal evidence. Judge Judy would be sure to convict me! I also appreciate continuing being called a terrible person when I am literally dedicating my life right now to helping people, particularly the underserved population in Milwaukee. Yep, sure glad that you know me SO well from the times I've said something inappropriate on the server.

of River's End

PostPosted: November 9th, 2016, 7:36 pm 
Duke

Don't make me pull this thread over.

PostPosted: November 9th, 2016, 8:29 pm 
Duke

Tolerance is supposed to go both ways, yes. But this is different. How many racist/minsogynst/homophobic rants have been overheard at Clinton rallies? Shit, even Bush supporters were tolerant at those rallies. Trump is at his core hate. And so are his supporters.

Honestly Arjen, it's real easy as a white man to speak the way you have. Of course it doesn't affect you either way. The Hitler stuff is alright I guess. It's the lazy, unoriginal way to joke on the internet. Go for the cheap easy laugh. I get it. I think people have too soft skin here in the states. Sometimes being offensive is funny... But saying nigger in any context as someone who isn't black should not be ok. Maybe you think it's ok because you think everyone here is white? Casue I bet you for damn sure you wouldn't if you knew someone here was black, or connected intimately to someone who is. The statement "everyone does it, I know the people here so it's ok" doesn't make it ok. I don't know you from shit, and if I had seen/heard that when I first joined, I would have left and never come back. And if something like this happened in an irl situation, there would not be a conversation.

I'm Puerto Rican and other. My wife is Puerto Rican. It goes without saying that the majority of my family is Puerto Rican. I can get away with it because I look white, but my wife has brown skin and my daughter looks ethnic. I have gay family members and know trans people. Trump's America hates my family and my friends.

There is no way anyone who believes in tolerance can be in Trump's corner. I was never a big fan of any republican candidate in my short lifetime, but this dude stands for hate. Hate on all fronts. Even if he won pandering to the masses as you say. That makes him complicit. That's the same as knowing your neighbor beats his wife, but you don't do anything. He's not going to all of a sudden be this competent, loving man.

So forgive me if I have a problem with people who support Trump.

PostPosted: November 9th, 2016, 9:09 pm 
King

Hmm, it appears that Hermertia has finally succumbed to the old adage about politics and civil discourse not being mutually compatible.

Simmer down here folks! Yes, as with nearly every other political contest, this is liable to bring up controversial views. Let's not forget what we're here for.

Quite taken aback at this exchange, to be honest.

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: November 9th, 2016, 10:10 pm 
King

Nicholas II wrote:
Hmm, it appears that Hermertia has finally succumbed to the old adage about politics and civil discourse not being mutually compatible.

Simmer down here folks! Yes, as with nearly every other political contest, this is liable to bring up controversial views. Let's not forget what we're here for.

Quite taken aback at this exchange, to be honest.

Thanks for reminding us Nick. I guess I didn't foresee that I would be crucified for having a differing viewpoint. I've been with you guys for 4+ years, and just now my character is being attacked. I wonder why it hasn't been brought up in the past? I like to think I'm a reasonable person, so if I really was bugging any of you I would have loved to switch up the way I interacted. And yes, Sam and Mark, you did request that I mind my manners recently, and I have. Almost to a fault I would say, as I pretty much just don't converse at all anymore.

And Sevrys, yes I am white. But that doesn't mean I don't have gay friends, African American friends, Central American friends. Cause I do. Ironically, it appears that near all of them also voted the same way I did. So, it's not as clear cut as "you're white, and don't understand." All I want is the best for my country, and as much as it pained me, I truly, honestly believe that I made the right choice. It'll be on my own head if I'm wrong.

of River's End

PostPosted: November 9th, 2016, 11:41 pm 
King

Apologies, but I found a top comment while browsing reddit and once again it was worded better than anything I could have said:

"I've been ranting on my Facebook feed to all my liberal friends who have been raging at this result, and who have been ostracizing anyone who even remotely supported Trump.

It's shit like this that helped allow Trump to be president. Grown-ass adults on both sides can't have political discussions without turning into argumentative children, and the rhetoric on both sides got to such a level that there was no possibility for connection. Everyone wants their precious comfort zone where they're only surrounded by people who agree with them, and those who don't are vilified. Because of this there's no exchange of ideas. There's no mutual respect. Division leads to ignorance, which leads to hate, which leads to Trump.

52 million people can't all be racist, sexist, straight white men. There's a segment of that electorate that voted against Hillary more than voted for Trump, there's a segment that begrudgingly voted for Trump because they simply wanted their jobs back, there were segments that could have been reasoned with, and possibly turned, if Hillary supporters didn't ostracize them the moment they found out they were voting for Trump. This "us" vs "them" shit needs to stop. I know the reasons for his rise is actually a more complex image than this rant is painting, but this was a big factor, and will continue to be a big factor if we don't grow the fuck up.

It's an unpopular opinion in my LA-based feed, but Trump's existence is everyone's fault. Politics and religion should not be taboo subjects. We're adults, and we should act like adults. Discuss, respect, change minds when new information is presented, or agree to disagree. Otherwise the extremists on both sides win, and people like Trump can be president."

-u/CalvinDehaze

of River's End

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next