All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Not all are welcome
PostPosted: September 16th, 2016, 4:25 pm 
King

I'm sorry to raise this, I just am not sure how to react. Over the past mercannum, I have receive two private messages (reddit and another method) stating I am causing drama, one going as far as saying I am not welcome on the server (which arrived last night). I hope after the trial we can build bridges and put all of this behind us, but it seems I am being asked to stop engaging in voicing my opinions and perspectives, for it bothers quite a few people. I'm sorry all. I'll move into a quieter and less political mode of engagement ahead. : )

In the theme of transparency, I wanted to raise it informally. I look forward to everyone's thoughts, tips, and suggestions on how I can engage in politics in a way that does not offend or cause unnecessary drama. So, thanks in advanced for mentoring me towards a more collaborative mode of engagement! I'm grateful for everyone's patience with my slow learning! You are all amazing.

Post subject: Re: Not all are welcome
PostPosted: September 16th, 2016, 4:33 pm 
King

I should clarify they were from separate, but high ranked members of the community. I'd rather not piss people off, so I sincerely and superly want to change my style. Thanks in advanced for all the help.

PostPosted: September 16th, 2016, 4:36 pm 
King

As part of my effort to reconcile my past, I hereby announce I will indeed change my crest. That was one of the things that pissed some people off and told me to fuck off. Can someone help me with that? Should be simple. Although to recognize the link to the 500 year old crest, I'd like to add the crown that is atop my crest, and add it as an image inside the otherwise entirely king compliant crest. Thanks for the help! I don't have access to my workstation PC for a while sadly, which has my image editing tools.

PostPosted: September 16th, 2016, 4:59 pm 
King

Oh! I remember now. The illustrious Sir Mark does crest services for a fare? Sir Mark, what is your going rate?

PostPosted: September 16th, 2016, 5:22 pm 
Duke

I can lend a hand. I could do it today before 5PM, just let me know what you want.

http://imgur.com/a/GjQuh

PostPosted: September 16th, 2016, 5:25 pm 
King

Thanks good sir! I'll use my simple purple and white, same proportions. But to recognize the 500 year old crest, I will take the crown and put it inside, either overlayed in the center, or at one of the quarters (top left?). Not sure which would look better! Thoughts?

PostPosted: September 16th, 2016, 5:55 pm 
Duke

Too be clear, I have no problem with your crown.

However, I believe it was the crown itself that was the issue before not the crest.

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: September 16th, 2016, 6:03 pm 
King

Well, there is no discussion about outlawing what to put inside a crest. This suggestion came from two kings, not me. They said it was a good way to bridge history with current politics. But I'm turning to the community for advise, so what do you all think? I was told it was not the crown, but the fact my crest was a different shape from all other kings. Is there really a problem with adding a crown image inside the crest? Plenty of historic crests use crowns and things. Banning what to put inside? That's a little extreme! But if that's what the community prefers. It's just a shame to lose 500 years of tradition. Especially when no such law exists mandating crest design rules as long as they obey shape conventions.

But again, thanks all for being honest. I will ultimately obey the will of you all.

PostPosted: September 16th, 2016, 6:06 pm 

I seriously doubt anyone will care what you put inside your crest, as long as it isn't NSFW :P

PostPosted: September 16th, 2016, 6:29 pm 
King

I don't care if you put it inside your crest

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741