Justice Minister of Hermertia
Poll ended at January 17th, 2016, 11:09 pm
Baron Von Roglar, Count of Valtaros 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
Lord Atryl Rua, Grand Duke of DorEryn 75%  75%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 16
 Post subject: Minister of Justice
PostPosted: January 4th, 2016, 6:20 am 
Duke

Place in your name for the Minister of Justice here.

I will also be putting my name forward for the Minister of Justice. In my time serving as such, I plan to finish the rest of the Indoles Carte that has not yet been outlined. Also I plan on enforcing, god willing, a more strict court room and procedure. This will hopefully cut down on the time required to attend such hearings, and also allow for the flow of discussion to make a discernible difference in the cases presented.

Post subject: Re: Minister of Justice
PostPosted: January 4th, 2016, 6:53 am 
King

I was planning on running to continue my tenure in the office of justice, but in light of recent events, I simply do not have the motivation to be that active and I feel as if this server deserves someone who has more energy and time to put into this position.

However, I still plan on shooting flaming arrows at the jury. no matter where I am in the proceedings.

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: January 4th, 2016, 6:45 pm 
Count

After attending the last court hearing it is highly obvious to me, that our justice system is in utter disarray, which is my reason to put my name forward for the Minister of Justice. If you vote for me, I promise, that I will do my utmost best to bring our procedings back into a fair and smooth working state. Justices will be dealt according to the law without hesitation.

I hope that my experience in the matters of legal affairs will be an advantage for all participants.

A vote for Roglar is a vote for swift and just legal system!

PostPosted: January 4th, 2016, 10:23 pm 
King

Excellent. I like when there is a debate on an issue, makes things more interesting.

I would go ahead and outline your plans for the Ministry to achieve, both of you.

Grabs popcorn

PostPosted: January 5th, 2016, 11:31 pm 
King

Yes I would also like to see this!

PostPosted: January 7th, 2016, 11:48 pm 
Duke

If elected as the Minister of Justice, one of the main things that i wanted to address was the order of the courtroom. As many of us experienced, the most recent trial was very disorderly and included the previous Minister of Justice literally murdering a member of the jury for no reason. I can assure you that not only will I not murder anybody in the courtroom without lawful purpose, but I will push to create new laws that will hold people accountable for their improper actions within the courtroom. One of these being holding people in Contempt of Court if they break their roles or move against the will of the judge. Hopefully these laws and precautions will allow for the discussion to flow more thoroughly and coherently. And more discussion and communication means that the defense will have a chance to fight back, and the prosecutor will be able to present evidence while holding the attention of the jury.

Also as one of the eldest members of the server, I have seen quite a few laws come and go. I want to complete the new Indoles Carte so that we will finally have a concrete set of laws that were made specifically for this new generation of Hermertia.

PostPosted: January 8th, 2016, 7:11 pm 
Count

Tomorrow I'll put my agenda forward. Unfortunately I won't have the time for it today.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2016, 6:32 pm 
Count

In my opinion there are two important points, which have to be solved. First, the proceedings in court have to be changed, so that everyone has a fair trial. The hearings weren't really helpfull the last time, since no one really had an overview about what was happening. I will promise you, that I won't be unprepared, if a crime should happen. The truth will allways prevail!

The second important issue at hand is the missing infrastructure. To be a solid column of society, the legal sector needs a efficient and working infracstructure to back up the search for justice. As far as I know, Hermertia is missing a real Court House, a Prison, a building for the prosecution and an Academy for Legal Studies. I will make it my duty to change this.

A vote for Roglar is a vote for a fair trial for everyone!

PostPosted: January 9th, 2016, 7:05 pm 
Settler

Roglar wrote:
In my opinion there are two important points, which have to be solved. First, the proceedings in court have to be changed, so that everyone has a fair trial. The hearings weren't really helpfull the last time, since no one really had an overview about what was happening. I will promise you, that I won't be unprepared, if a crime should happen. The truth will allways prevail!

Although I am but a serf, I was an observer present at the last trial that occurred. I'm confused as to what you mean by 'no one really had an overview'. It seemed relatively straightforward (in-lore) - the situation was presented, charges were laid against the defendant, witnesses were called. Based on the evidence, they were found not guilty - which sounds like fair justice to me. Is this not the way that such a case would be resolved? What are some examples of a specific change you could suggest to better the proceedings? While you will be prepared - you would be minister of justice, not an investigator or constable. Should not the facts and evidence determine the outcome, as opposed to suspicions?

Atryl mentioned the disorder that happened during in the last trial. With regards to those sorts of disruptions, which didn't happen in-lore, how would you address that issue?

Cartographer / Explorer / User of Big Words

PostPosted: January 10th, 2016, 11:43 am 
Count

This has nothing to do with suspicion. Liserett was found not guilty and therefore she is not guilty, as far as I'm concerned, whether I like it or not. Problematic in my opinion was the unpreparedness of the participants in general and especially the prosecution. When the prosecution is not prepared, it's nearly impossible to maintain a fair trial. Unlike probably many of you, there is a difference on how I think about the job of the prosecution and what you guys expect of them. In a criminal trial there is just one party involved, the defendant. The job of the prosecution is to investigate all side of the affair and bring the evidence, which they found, forward. Based on this evidence they have to call for a punishment or release of the defendant. But they're not a party, therefor the prosecution does not "win" or "lose". It's not their job to bring criminals behind bars! And since the prosecution is part of the ministry of Justice, I will do my very best to improve their work, which will hopefully increase the amount of just judgments.

Have I addressed all your concerns, or do you have additional questions?