Justice Minister of Hermertia
Poll ended at January 17th, 2016, 11:09 pm
Baron Von Roglar, Count of Valtaros 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
Lord Atryl Rua, Grand Duke of DorEryn 75%  75%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 16
 Post subject: Re: Minister of Justice
PostPosted: January 12th, 2016, 12:51 am 
Count

It's not Canada, the USA or Germany though, it's Hermertia; a whole Kingdom yet home to a mere few dozen of PC citizens.

I understand that things are done differently than what you learn in school, but the reality is different as well. I have yet to read what concrete changes you propose and how they would address the issues you pointed out.

I guess I also fail to see the issues as such, in the case of the last trial. Like you, it was my first and only attendance to a Hermertian trial as of today, but I know it was different from a typical trial in that the alleged crime was purely lore based. Do you make a distinction at all in how these should be processed?

Appointed Minister of Wysterian Architecture

PostPosted: January 12th, 2016, 1:20 am 
Count

I know that we are talking about Hermertian Law and not RL legal systems. But to put the accuser in the spot of the prosecutor can't be in anyones intrest. The primarily motive of a victim/someone related to the victim will be revenge most of the time. And it's not the purpose of a legal system to satitisfy the need of renvenge. It's to bring justice and, if a crime was comitted, to find an appropriate punishment.

I would try to fix those points in the Indoles Cartes, since until know the legal system of Hermertia is around 15 subparagraphs and that's it. Right now the whole "procedings" are based on what ever the Minister of Justice at a certained point saw fit, if he even thought about it before a trial at all.

Even if you want to base your legal system on a more "medival" setting, you might want to take into account, that not even in ancient Rome the prosecution was some layabout dude. Criminal charges were pressed by representives of the state.

Another question, we would have to consider, would be wether or not a trial by combat should be alloud or not.

I don't know how you expierenced the trial Lisseret, but for the jury it was quite painfull. Questions were not asked in the right way, it took ages to come from one point to another. The "accuser" was either unprepared or drunk, maybe both. And the Judge was shooting FUCKING arrows at the jury. ^^

In my opinion a trial is a great thing for the lore and community, because it gives everyone the possibility to participate, BUT if 95% procent of the attending people are either bored by what is happening "in lore" right now or trying to distracte themself by killing poor little Sam, something is amiss. And I would like to see that changed.

EDIT: To answer your last question, of course you can't handle a lore based crime like a real crime. That wouldn't be in anyones intrest, but if such a community event is happening it should be fun to attend and have intresting turnings in it. To accomplish that all party, who take part in this trial, have to prepare themselfs. Some things you can't make up on the go. I will not deny that I had fun that evening, but it had nothing to do with the trial. It was mainly a lot of ppl on mumble making wierd noises. xD

Last edited by Dujek on January 12th, 2016, 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: January 12th, 2016, 1:24 am 
King

That's all fine and all, But can we quit acting like im the only person whos ever goofed off or accidentally murdered someone in a lore event. Its not like I did it in lore, and it happens all the time.

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: January 12th, 2016, 1:29 am 
Count

Anthrail I hope I haven't offended you, that was certiantly not my intention. It's just that the events of the trial were kinda overshadow/superseeded by the stuff that was happening on mumble. And I on my part didnt really feel involved, and beeing involved is the main reason to do roleplay, in what ever form, at all.

PostPosted: January 12th, 2016, 1:31 am 
King

Yeah i get that, And to be fair I was slightly intoxicated at the time too. But its starting to get on my nerves that that keeps getting shouted about when its hardly even the stupidest most distracting thing thats ever happened during a lore event.

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: January 18th, 2016, 3:27 pm 
Count

Quote:
Poll ended at January 17th, 2016, 6:09 pm

Congratulation Lord Atryl =)

Appointed Minister of Wysterian Architecture

PostPosted: January 18th, 2016, 3:48 pm 
Count

Congratulations Atryl

PostPosted: January 18th, 2016, 4:11 pm 
King

I have to say, I was excited to see what Roglar would have brought to the Justice Ministry.

You'll get another chance in 6 Mercannum's time (6months) :D