All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 1st, 2017, 7:51 pm 
Duke

Thalian had never been one for patience, so watching the ship crawl towards the port from the horizon was excruciating. He willed the wind to blow harder and push the vessel to shore. As it crept closer, he could make out the colors of the Rygarde Trading Company festooned on its masts. He allowed himself a small smile.

Finally the ship pulled into the docks, tying up not far from where Thalian had been standing. He collected himself and strode towards the dock. The ship was quickly set to by a team of longshoreman, who extended a gangplank onto the deck. It was not cargo that began to unload, however, but a stream of soldiers clad in black and gray armor. They bore no edifice, but Thalian knew their kind well. The armor was a giveaway: they were Shields of Teleros.

“Akeres!” Thalian hailed the commander at the head of the column, “A welp no more, I see!”

“Thalian!” Akeres clasped Thalian’s shoulder, “I could hardly recognize you with the gray hair and wrinkles.”

The two warriors laughed heartily and embraced fully.

“A swift journey, I hope?” Thalian asked.

“We saw a few Östron ships, but none bothered to molest us. The banner of Valen’s Company still carries weight.” Akeres gestured to the Pyrencian ships moored offshore, “I see we have some new friends.”

“Indeed. We have much to discuss, but surely you must be thirsty. There is a fine inn just down the road.

“Far be it from me to refuse an ale with an old friend.” Akeres turned to the men assembled behind him, “Report to the barracks, but do not get too comfortable. We march east at dawn tomorrow.”