All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: SUCCESSION
PostPosted: December 20th, 2016, 5:55 am 
Count

"A beginning is the time for taking the most delicate care that the balances are correct..."
-It was written on a book I no longer remember the tittle, but which I repeat the phrase to myself daily. I often think in the beginning of this settlement, soon to convert into a town, and who knows maybe even a city in the distant future. I wonder if Avalon thought ever about balance when he set the goal to built his house, Avatarati.

Irulan was sitting on the balcony of her family's house looking towards the town hall, it was the early afternoon and the orange sun was reflecting on the clear water of the pond one level bellow the balcony. at the center of the pond was a small island which hosted a humble monument

-" To Lord Aurennis, may his flame never die" It was said that the founder of the settlement, Avalon the foreigner built that monument when the Former guardian died.

It is curious how death and time are such a good mix for stories and myths to appear

She was a young lass, 22 years old, blonde and tall, with that menacing stare the Indorils were known to have. Her clothes gave a hint of the seductive curves she had and her way of walking revealed the strong personality she wielded.

Irulan Indoril was daughter of Tiber Indoril, younger brother of the former Guardian of Avatarati, Runil. Although the guardian's blood ran through Irulan's veins, that wasn't the reason she was chosen as the new guardian. taking charge of one of her families' mine when she was just barely 16 years old, Irulan built a reputation for herself.

At the beginning the miners didn't take her seriously, they couldn't bare that a young woman would lead a mine, but that didn't stop her. Her leadership was described as " practical and cruel" those who disobeyed her were fired without hesitation and their places were offered with a bonus salary for the first three months. As bold with the miners she was with the clients: She knew how to talk to important people and be successful in the high society, this earned her great exportation contracts to different places of the empire. She even tried to buy one of the Nascram's families wheat fields, in order to impose a complete control over Avatarati's wealth. But the Nascrams saw her trick and earned the family's distrust, this event worsen the relations between the two most powerful families of the settlement.

The success of Irulan granted her respect and fear in Avatarati, and she knew this. Her next step was to move to politics, slowly entering this complex world. She often attended Avatarati's council meetings and sometimes she made subtle but proper remarks to the whole council. In the later days of his Uncle's life, she was delegated important tasks of the city. She was a natural leader, a cruel but effective one.

When the news of her uncle's death arrived to Avatarati, the decision was took almost inmediately. Irulan was on her uncle's office, discussing the new development plan of the city with several members of the council, when the courier arrived with the news, one member broke the funeral silence " We need to choose a new guardian" in that moment the whole room stared at Irulan, knowing that it was the only logical answer.

The Nascrams were outraged by the news, for them it was like the Indorils were building a dinasty, hoarding the power of the settlement and who knows what other plans they were making. Irulan was amuzed by this fact, which the head of the family hide pretty well, but it was crystal clear for her.

He should have balanced the power from the beginning, our two families have gained a lot of power. It would have been simpler if they were balanced when they first started, when the only goal was to survive, but now that is in the past.The Nascrams and the Indorils have grown more than Avatarati can hold, and now, one must leave if the other wants to survive. This promises to become quite interesting.

CASADIA STRONK

Post subject: Re: SUCCESSION
PostPosted: December 20th, 2016, 12:26 pm 
Duke

Irulan sounds like a powerful and assertive leader. She will make a fine Guardian.