All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 1st, 2017, 9:33 pm 
King

Greetings.

A standard term of 6 mercannum has elapsed since the election of the previous Minister for this Ministry; therefore, as per the Cabinet Acts of the Imperial Codex, an election has been scheduled for the position of Minister of Applications and Settlement.

All members of the Empire holding a noble rank (Counts, Dukes, and Kings/Queens) at the time of this announcement may declare their candidacy for the position of Minister of Applications and Settlement within the following week. On January 7, one week from this announcement, this thread will be locked and a period of voting shall begin that will run for one week. All members of the Empire holding a noble rank may at this time cast a single vote for the candidate of their choice; at the conclusion of the week, on January 14, the candidate receiving the greatest number of votes shall be elected Minister. If a single candidate runs unopposed, they shall be elected by default; if no candidate runs, the previous individual to hold the position shall retain it.

Beginning now, you may cast your candidacy for Minister of Applications and Settlement. Share details of your platform, and respond to questions if asked. These are historic and vital positions within Hermertia and the community, and we look forward to seeing the election process unfold. Best of luck to all.

For Glory!

Minister for Applications and Settlement
Forums Administrator

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2017, 12:48 am 
King

Edit:

Rescinding my candidacy for this ministry, erastil has the floor !

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2017, 2:08 am 
King

I, King Erastil, of Pyrencia, intend to run for this position.

My ideas for the department revolve mostly around getting good applicants in, and increasing the variety of realms that receive new vassals.

#1: The Application Process:
We all know that applying to the server takes time, and while i agree that some time should be put in, for most new applicants its a bit too long of a process. Waiting around for kings and dukes to vote is a tedious and boring prospect, and when the do get onto the server, i believe it contributes to the high attrition rate we see with new vassals. You spend a fair amount of time waiting just to be let in the serer, and then alot of applicants seem surprised and confused as to what actually happens when they get on.
My Proposal is thus, the minister, and with the assistance of any deputy ministers he/she appoints will vett new applicants, afterwards, they will work directly with the applicant to make sure their lore is compatible with the server, and help them find a nation to live in that will suit their play style, activity, schedule and personality. Once the applicant has been vetted by the ministry, prospective lieges can offer to "sponsor" the applicant, and if the applicant agrees, that applicant becomes a vassal of that liege. That liege is then responsible for integrating the vassal into the server, making sure they understand the rules and the dynamic of the community, and helping them to become a valued member of the community.

I also want to create an application template, that includes already all the things we ask from new applicants and the things that council and house of dukes already looks for in determining whether someone will be a good fit for the community. Applications will not be vetted until all important pieces of that template are filled out, and the process will move forward from there. The templates set up wont be mandatory, more as a guide, but if we require all the questsions and things from an applicant up front, it should help speed up the process, get in the applicants that we feel will be good for the server, and help us determine the ones that wont be good for the server.

Ideally, i would like to use the realms overviews and such to give applicants the ability to look through all the realms on the server, and have an idea of which ones they would like to be in. Perhaps something in a sub forum in which each realm has a topic stating whether they are looking for new vassals, and what they are looking for in each applicants, so we can try to create good fits between lieges and vassals.

I believe that tailoring the process around fitting applicants and lieges together who will do well together, instead of voting them into the server in general, without any guarantee that a liege who will work well with that vassal offering them a home, we will see a lower rate of attrition with new vassals in this empire

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741