All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2016, 9:51 pm 
Duke

The sun covered the dunes of Greytower in golden light on one side and blue shadow on the other. Along
the ridge of one dune walked a train of figures whose shadows were long and black in the morning light. At the front stood Chairman Gunnar in his distinctive ocean blue coat along with a surveyor he was in heated, but quiet, discussion with. Behind them, flanked by guards clad in iron and leather, walked Prime Minister John Marion and his wife, Elizabeth, who were in heated discussion about her pregnancy.

“I just think it would have been better for you to stay in Greytower,” he said.

“With the smelly quarry workers? You must be joking. Besides, the doctor says it’s healthy for me to get
fresh air,” she responded.

“I’m not sure that he meant walking miles through a desert when he said that.”

“I’m not helpless, John,” she rubbed her bulbous belly and looked at him. “You know that the Gathered
used to walk everywhere, pregnant or not.”

“Yes, I know. But you don’t have to, is what I’m saying. It’s important that you get rest. Especially with how
far along you are. Not to mention your morning sickness. What if it were to hit you right now? Honestly, I think you’re being a little rash and I don’t –

“John,” she interrupted, concern edging into her voice. “There’s an enderman staring right at me.”

He looked down to where she was pointing at a shadowed trough between two dunes. A single, tall, night
black figure stood there, its glowing, violet eyes the only feature he could make out.

“Strange. It’s a little late for one of them to be about,” he said. “Don’t worry; they’re quite docile once the
sun’s up.”

Suddenly, the figure vanished as if a curtain had been dropped over it, leaving only a few violet embers
floating in the air.

“See? Nothing to –

Without warning, the enderman materialized right in front of him and, in one quick motion, lifted him off
the ground and flung him down the dune. There were yelps and cries of alarm as the guards fumbled with their still-sheathed weapons. Turning toward Elizabeth, the creature moved with purpose, tossing aside anyone between it and her like they were fallen leaves. One guard who had managed to unsheathe his weapon stood in front of Elizabeth, shakily brandishing his sword, but with one deft sweep of its arm, the enderman sent him sailing through the air. The guard’s right arm smacked into Elizabeth, who tumbled backwards onto the sand. As the enderman ambled towards her, its long, claw-like fingers lifted to strike her, she drew a slim dagger from a sheath beneath her coat and pointed it straight at the creature.

“You stay away from me, you bastard!” she yelled, baring her teeth like a cornered dog.

The enderman replied with a gurgling screech, but was cut off by a soft squelch as the tip of a white, steel
blade poked out of its belly. With a mighty grunt, Gunnar flung the creature off his sword and its limp body rolled down the dune, leaving behind black streaks in the sand. The Chairman pulled Elizabeth back onto her feet, but before she could thank him he jumped and slid down the dune towards the enderman’s prone form. She watched as he lifted his sword up in the air and then drove it point down into the enderman’s neck. The body jerked as he twisted the blade and then it was still. He pulled a cloth from one of his pockets, wiped the blade of the tar-colored blood, and sheathed it. A young guard with the ghost of a moustache tapped Elizabeth on the shoulder.

“Are you alright Mrs. Marion?”

“Oh. I’m fine. Just a little shaken up,” she laughed nervously. “How’s my husband?”

“A cracked rib or two, he’ll be fine.”

She nodded and turned back to watching the Chairman, who now knelt next to the corpse. She let out a
gasp of disgust and covered her mouth as she saw him roll up his sleeve and plunge his arm up to the elbow into the gash he had left in the creature’s back. When he slid his arm back out, he held a dark, glassy orb the size of an apple in his hand. He walked back up the dune, wiping it off with the cloth.

He handed it over to one of the guards and said, “Put this in my luggage. Be careful with it. And whatever
you do, don’t throw it or toss it.”

He looked over at the guards tending to the Prime Minister and the other wounded with a strange look in his
eyes.

“Is everything all right, Chairman?” asked the guard with the ghost of a moustache.

“No, I think not,” he turned towards the guard. “Please tell the Prime Minister I need to speak to him as
soon as we return to Greytower.”

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2016, 10:27 pm 
King

Im glad that this particular confrontation between the Enderman threat and our people didn't result in any more fatalities. Chairman Gunnar knows how to handle himself.

PostPosted: March 6th, 2016, 5:25 pm 
Count

The Chairman wrote:
    “You stay away from me, you bastard!” she yelled, baring her teeth like a cornered dog.

Never attack a pregnant lady, they are the most fearsome of all creatures!

CASADIA STRONK