All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The Pyrencian Civil War
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2016, 9:28 pm 
King

Greetings Lord and Ladies of Hermertia. I am Erastil, Son of the Dawn, and King of Pyrencia. I am sending this notice to every sovereign realm in the empire. Moldan Absalom-Blodh has declared war on myself, and all loyal Pyrencians who stand with me. My nation is tearing itself apart. Not only does a sizable section of the Pyrencian Military stand with him, he also holds sway over many barbarians, pirates and bandits. I journey to Castle Saluthe to secure the blessing of the Knights of Ash, the holy warriors of Pyrencia. I ask that if any of you are willing to help me reclaim my kingdom, meet me there with your forces. And be wary, Moldan may very well try to assualt the castle. By the will of Azarn!

============================================
NON-LORE ORGANIZATIONAL SECTION
============================================
Naturally, a civl war such as this will take place over the course of several battles, not just one. The location and point of following battles will be determined by the outcome of the previous ones. Naturally, I will need people to be the followers of Moldan, otherwise ill have to find a way to arm chickens and convince them they are evil. I would like to keep the sides even for each battle, and since there will be multiple battles we can switch who is on each side from battle to battle, for whatever reasons. Please either post here, pm me or talk to me if you want to participate. Or if you just really want to talk to me.

Materials able to be used:

Iron Sword
Iron Helmet
Iron Boots
Iron Chest
Iron Leggings
Unenchanted Bow
Unenchanted Arrows
Normal Food
Cobwebs
Goldern Apples
Unenchanted shields
Iron Axe

NOTHING ELSE IS PERMITTED FOR THIS LORE FIGHT!
Thank you, see you equipped and ready Monday 5 MST

The Battle of Castle Saluthe

King Erastil arrived at Castle Saluthe accompanied by his own guard, as well as soldiers from Ostaled, Kaine, and Wychwood. He wasted no time in securing the assisstance of the Ipoteum D'etheon (Knights of the Heavens), but the forces of Moldan, led by Captain Yolanda Yerta-Blodh arrived outside the castle with her forces, made up of traitors, bandits, and pirates. The forces of Moldan layed siege to the castle, driving the main bulk of the defenders to fall back to a fortified building on the upper level of the castle. Evnetually, Yolanda's soldiers managed to break into the building and take the castle. Erastil, and many others managed to escape towards Mytheth, while Moldan's soldiers celebrated into the night

The Battle of Mytheth
When Erastil and his surviving forces returned to Mytheth, he found himself greeted not by loyal subjects, but by frosty silence. The people of Mytheth were afraid. They didn't want to throw their lot in with Moldan, but they didnt see how Erastil could defend them from his forces should he choose to seige Mytheth. And Moldan did choose to attack Mytheth. Erastil, his soldiers and his allies were cut off from retreat to K'valsaer in the north, and not possessing the manpower to defend Mytheth, were forced to fall back furhter south, to Castle Veritas. A messenger from Erastil did manage to reach K'valsaer, asking for all soldiers from Pyrencia or allied nations to do their best to get around Moldan's forces and rally at Castle Veritas. He felt that there would be enough time for reinforcements to arrvie before the seige, as Moldan's forces felt very triumphant at the capture of Mytheth, the city sacred to Azarn, and would likely stay there for several months before pursing Erastil towards the northern coast of the Sea of Ashes.

The Battle of Castle Veritas

Erastil's allies managed to fortify in Castle Veritas well before Moldan's forces arrived to siege it. After three days of laying siege to Veritas, Moldan's forces were caught off guard by soldiers from several other nations who, having marched down from K'valsaer after receiving Erastil's missive, caught Moldan's soldiers between the castle and their forces, and routed the lot of them.

The Retaking of Mytheth

After forcing Moldan's armies out of the area, Erastil's soldiers and those of his allies marched back north, driving the small force left behind out of Mytheth and retaking the city for the true King of Pyrencia.

The Seige of Edhevrand

Moldan, in a last ditch effort to defeat Erastil, moved all of his forces into Edhevrand, quickly overrunning the forces of the icy island, and taking the capital for himself. Erastil, aware of how fortified the city was, devised a plan for taking the city. He divided his forces into several smaller armies, sending two to attack by sea and two to attack each of the gates to Edhevrand. The forces of Moldan were caught trying to fortify the city, and the multi pronged attack quickly collapsed their resistance, earning Erastil the title "The Hydra".

The Aftermath
With Moldan defeated, the rest of his forces, mostly mercenaries and bandits, quickly dispersed. It took nearly a year for Erastil to finish regaining control of all of Pyrencia, and afterwards, he began to hear rumors from his operatives of trouble brewing in Ostlaed...

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2016, 9:44 pm 
Duke

Wychwood will not stand idly by and allow a close ally to be overwhelmed by rebels. You have my full support. I shall arrange for Wychwood's 1st and 2nd regiments to be made available to you, in addition to our highly trained special operations unit.

- Recipient of the Pyrencian Good Effort Award
- 2016 Winner of the 'Medal of S'alright'
- Stronger than an ant
- The Tallest

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2016, 9:55 pm 
Duke

Casadia pledges support to Erastil. Moldan seems determined to sow chaos and do whatever it takes to seize power. His kind have no place in the empire.

(I'll fight for whichever side needs more people)

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2016, 10:12 pm 

Östlaed will be sending several Östweardens to Pyrencia at once in support of King Erastil. Sir Offa Feckham, a Knight from Wiccaweald will be leading the forces on the ground.

(Lore off, I'm willing to play on whatever side to keep numbers balanced).

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2016, 10:27 pm 
Duke

As stated previously, the GRHH will remain neutral in this conflict as we wish not to add to the bloodshed.

(I'm willing to play for whatever side needs the numbers.)

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2016, 11:03 pm 
King

New Isilioth commits its support to King Erastil to eradicate the Absalom threat towards stability in Pyrencia. Due to the 1st Army being tied up in Western Aeldya finishing their current campaign, the smaller but perfectly capable 2nd Army will be dispatched immediately. The 2nd Fleet will be transporting the troops by the time you read this message, deploying wherever they are needed by King Erastil. The current forces deployed in Pyrencia will join up with the main Isilioth forces at a later date.

Blood of the Ancient Kingdom of Isilioth
Grandmaster of the Drachenfeuer Order.

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2016, 11:47 pm 
Count

May the Great Creeper be with us all in these challenging times. I will send what meager support I can muster in support of the true king of Pyrencia, Erastil. By the will of Azarn!

---

OOC: I'd actually like to fight on Moldan's side just to keep things even.

Student of the Gildscype Scytera (Archers' Guild)

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2016, 4:22 pm 
King

Our numbers are not enough to send additional warriors to assist, the war in khabranth threatens our borders. May the just prevail.

(I'll fight for Moldan's forces)

PostPosted: December 4th, 2016, 7:16 pm 
Duke

What kind of equipment are we allowed to use for the battle?

PostPosted: December 5th, 2016, 12:31 am 
King

becuase sam is a asshat, no enchants

Iron Sward
Iron Helmet
Iron Pants
Iron Chest
Iron Leggings
Bow
Arrows
Normal Food
Cobwebs
Goldern Apples
unenchanted shields
Iron Axe

-The Hydra
For a full list of titles, please see enclosed document.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=741