All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 30th, 2018, 12:37 pm 
Count

At day's end, after hard work in the bright and crushing sun, the citizens of Shorewood Village return to their homes. While thinking of a cold and refreshing jug of ale on his way back to is home, the major notices an unfamiliar horse tied to the fence in front of his little cottage. It's quite the handsome mare, long legged, straight back and a shiny black mane, which is slowly blowing in the wind. Unfortunately it seems to have developed a taste for the newly planted hedge sprouts. Seeing his future glare and sight protection endangered by this ungulate, he quickens his step and reaches the fence gate mere moments later. With his focus on the vicious beast he misses a step when suddenly a voice greets him.

"Greetings Major! You have a swell little community here." While saying this a man steps out behind the horse and bows. He is a small man. Not even reaching one and half steps of height he would have seemed child like would it not be for his broad frame and long braided beard. While stroking one of the queues of hair he makes a slight bow and says "My name is Migrim and I have an offer you can't refuse!" with a little twinkle in his eyes. He reaches in his leather coat and tugs out a pergament roll, which he then holds out to the major.

The major reaches for the roll, which is sealed by a sigil showing an owl in flight and a hammer. After inspecting it for a moment he breaks the seal and reads the following:

Citizen of Shoorewood Village,
merchants and travelers have brought to us rumors of your fast evolving little settlement. We always try to encourage new developments of this kind and therefore we would like to offer our assistance and support to you. If you are interested, we would sent workers and material to help with your infrastructure and trading capacities. To make such an endeavour possible we would need specific instructions on how to reach your village. Right now we only know the general vicinity of it by way of general gossip, which hopefully was enough for our courier to find you. Additionally we would like to offer you the possibility of a trade agreement, which would open up your market for rare trade goods such as Sealanterns, Iron Blocks (in bulk), Gunpowder and other materials.

If you would like to respond to this offer, Mirgrim groscho Margrim would be pleased to return your answer to us as swift as wind and horseback can bring him back to us.

Sincerely,
Alkaz groscho Almax, First Minister of Trade and Commerce of Alba Longa

PostPosted: July 31st, 2018, 9:08 am 
Settler

The Mayors steps forward to greet Migrim: "Good day fair traveller. Shoreswood is made more jubilant by your arrival, and more still by your generous offer, however I have been called away on matters of great import which may last ten and six days. In the meantime my aide will be looking after the village, however he does not have leave to make deal of this nature.
If your gracious offer will keep until my return I would gladly sit with you, break bread and discuss your trade agreement. Until that time you are welcome to stay in the newly built Southern Guesthouse as long as you desire."

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2018, 10:34 am 
Settler

Alkaz Groucho Almax, please accept my apologies. My aide who should have dealt with this issue has instead been appeasing our foreign dignitaries with fake pleasantries and false promises. I was most upset to discover his underhand ways, and I think you'll be pleased to know he has been put to work scrubbing the water channels below the wheat farms.

Getting back to your original offering, Shoreswood gladly accepts your offer of trade, and opens it's borders to you and your people. Currently the only way of getting to Shoreswood is to head to the capital of Kaine, and then take a rowboat from the docks and head East through the Red Sea-gates.
These will lead you directly to Shoreswood.

We look forward to your visit.