All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: im sorry!
PostPosted: July 8th, 2016, 10:40 pm 
King

If I recall constitutionally, and it could be changed, the only thing I had that is different is a) I'm a servant of whoever is emperor at any given time, and b) if the emperor isn't interested in being a judge in any cases, I was given the option of judgement before any king could volunteer for the role. Super suggest either formally amending b, or at the very least, I will never actually practice it and will defer to offers from any king to be judge at any time. Other than that, nothing else traditionally was different from a king at all, you are right.

Although philosophically I had a limitation kings normally didn't have (although a previous regent failed at this and brought instability and shame to his kingdom as a result). Technically, regents are supposed to put the empire before their subjective missions, while kings are actually sworn to protect their own subjective missions, under the assumption the emperor granted them divinity for the sole purpose of them representing divinity through the spirit of their nation. Something something.

PostPosted: July 8th, 2016, 10:42 pm 
King

Note: I'm still cool being who ever is emperor's bitch at any given moment. A perk of getting elected?

My liege, I'm sworn to carry your burdens (lydia's voice)

PostPosted: July 8th, 2016, 11:05 pm 
King

Oh I almost forgot to reiterate, I have not forgotten the sentence that was issued to me :P I am also, on top of all the above, sworn to give many many work hours into things like imperial city and reviving the library. I've already been dropping quite a few hours on the latter for instance.

PostPosted: July 9th, 2016, 5:04 pm 
Duke

I still want to punch you a little. But I've generally gotten over your fuckery.

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: July 9th, 2016, 6:09 pm 
King

The Regent wrote:
Oh I almost forgot to reiterate, I have not forgotten the sentence that was issued to me :P I am also, on top of all the above, sworn to give many many work hours into things like imperial city and reviving the library. I've already been dropping quite a few hours on the latter for instance.

I'm excited! Maybe this means a renewed interest in Imperial City construction??

of River's End

PostPosted: July 9th, 2016, 7:02 pm 

The Regent wrote:
If I recall constitutionally, and it could be changed, the only thing I had that is different is a) I'm a servant of whoever is emperor at any given time, and b) if the emperor isn't interested in being a judge in any cases, I was given the option of judgement before any king could volunteer for the role. Super suggest either formally amending b, or at the very least, I will never actually practice it and will defer to offers from any king to be judge at any time. Other than that, nothing else traditionally was different from a king at all, you are right.

Although philosophically I had a limitation kings normally didn't have (although a previous regent failed at this and brought instability and shame to his kingdom as a result). Technically, regents are supposed to put the empire before their subjective missions, while kings are actually sworn to protect their own subjective missions, under the assumption the emperor granted them divinity for the sole purpose of them representing divinity through the spirit of their nation. Something something.

The trial hasn't happened yet.

PostPosted: July 10th, 2016, 1:13 am 
Duke

Not sure what the quote has to do with having a trial Mark?

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine