All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: July 7th, 2016, 8:44 pm 
Duke

We retconned that a while ago. The new lore is that we came up from an ocean in the southeast and settled on the imperial isle.

PostPosted: July 7th, 2016, 8:56 pm 

Aeries Rua wrote:
We retconned that a while ago. The new lore is that we came up from an ocean in the southeast and settled on the imperial isle.

Concordia?

PostPosted: July 7th, 2016, 9:19 pm 
King

Ya, seriously, that's quite the ridiculous retcon. That erases the purpose for concordia, the many mercannum of stories related to it, the trip to the old world through it, and much more. Seriously, seriously? I wouldn't mind seeing the official link/thread on this, because that's quite a serious retcon. We shouldn't be retconning to liberally, for it messes up a lot of history/events. What was the reasoning, other than, 'cuz'.?

PostPosted: July 7th, 2016, 9:25 pm 
King

Did we just build concordia for fun? did we spend a lot of resources, history, establish many hours together building a netherpath to the north east, for nothing? What about the fact there is clearly longstanding history in the old world that their connection, including the nether, is to their south-east, connecting to the new world's north west? what about the history in the nether entirely? what about the large nether communications pointing towards concordia? Retcons can have their purpose, but too significant the retcon, the more nonsensical and confusing our history becomes. Again, I'd love to see the vote/post that lorified this. I'm not saying you guys can't change history so drastically, but i'd love to see the dialogue that took place justifying it. And the king votes. Looking forward to any intel

PostPosted: July 7th, 2016, 9:52 pm 
Duke

This is the first I have heard of this retcon.

PostPosted: July 7th, 2016, 9:56 pm 
Duke

Aeries Rua wrote:

I recall no retconning relating to this, could you clarify what discussion you are referring to?

PostPosted: July 7th, 2016, 10:01 pm 
Duke

Not sure about this either, I vaguely remember some discussion of this sort in mumble but that's about it...

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: July 7th, 2016, 10:13 pm 
Duke

It was because it seemed far too absurd that this new land was completely surrounded by mountains with no other openings anywhere other than this river in the northwest. As it currently is, this massive land mass that is many times the size of the old world was completely cut off from the rest of the world without anyone else knowing of its existence. It's not officially canon but is fairly commonly accepted as its been discussed many times. Though i expect many people to change their opinions based on the fact that you're back.

The ocean in the southeast is to make it not feel like a journey to the center of the earth, and more of a real world where people would go across an ocean to escape chaos/persecution. Its very strange that this massive piece of land has mountains so tall they cant be traversed on all sides with only one small entrance. What is the lore behind Coton and the Imperial City then? As it stands that would be like all the colonies coming to America for the first time then making a massive city in the Caribbean just because thats the first place they saw. Its not practical and nowhere near new england where all the stuff is actually happening. But then not only do they make a city in the middle of nowhere, but they go to Hawaii and decide to make it their capital. We never fully fleshed out what the purpose of Concordia would be in the retcon though.

One idea was that the current map is the entire globe and the ocean in the northwest is the same ocean as the one in the southeast, therefore legitimizing Concordia and the Imp City at the same time. There are a few bumps to smooth out as to how this would work, but the current lore is very strange.

PostPosted: July 7th, 2016, 10:19 pm 
King

I'm not sure exactly how the lore has been smoothed out, but theoretically couldn't we have both work together? As aeries stated, the southeastern ocean could be the same as the northwestern, if we were on a globe. The Chemical Straights path that was taken to the new world could still be cannon. Thoughts?

of River's End

PostPosted: July 7th, 2016, 10:30 pm 
Duke

Thats what I just said one of the ideas was, but everyone decided to defend the current lore without hearing what the new one would be.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next