All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 7th, 2016, 10:38 pm 
King

So in other words, it was not retconned, but instead the debate still ravages on? I seemed to like the discussion in the past about different parties taking different directions. Because it makes less sense to erase the deep wealth of lore related to the corridorlands.

I also heard folks talk about not worrying about the mountains covering the whole planet theory, and instead discovering oceans later. Like earth, in early time, there could have been theories of an all land planet, but got revised later. The old world and new world could still be connected by land, while there could also be great oceans surrounding all this. This mixed theory makes more sense then erasing months worth (decades worth) of real experienced and lived history, lore, image albums etc, to fit a few preferences. In otherwords, both can be right at the same time.

I'm only strong on this topic because I, like many others, lived and experienced tonnes of lore related to the corridorlands. To erase it with a keystroke seemed like a strange precedent to set. Plus, concordia! We all experienced that together.

Glad to see the discussion fleshed out though! Thanks Atryl for your perspective, and sorry that I am defending those memories so strongly :P

PostPosted: July 8th, 2016, 12:24 am 
Duke

I thought we had discussed having a large ocean to the south instead of mountains but not having the paths traveled be through the south...

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: July 8th, 2016, 7:50 pm 
Duke

I don't recall any discussions happening surrounding this topic, though it is probable that I missed them, having been away from the server for nearly six months. However, I would advise that anything discussed on the mumble not be made official until it has also been discussed on the forums. This way, we document the discussion for future reference and allow even more people, as not everyone uses mumble, to participate.