All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 5th, 2016, 11:26 am 
Duke

For the attention of the Lieges, Lords and Ladies of Hermertia.

You are all hereby invited to attend Perth's first Ship Building Competition. This event will be open to any and all members of Hermertian culture to come and build their greatest sailing ships in the great port city of Glas Claddach.

The venue will be open to the public for this event in the Year 506 of the Emperor, Phoenix 01|01, fourth year (Saturday 16 - Saturday 23rd July).

This event will be in celebration of the second Era of the Cycle of the Phoenix (And my birthday which is on July 17th). There shall be prizes available, and the winner of the competition shall be awarded with the prized, ship building cup (It's a wooden bowl, let's be honest), as well as many other prizes and recognition for their efforts by the Hermertian people.

The event will begin with the decomission of the trading vessel The Valyrian Wind (Boaty McBoatFace), Glas Calddach's first trading vessel which has now, regretably, fallen into a state of disrepair (It's shit and I don't like it).

There will be a modest supply of lumber available on site, as well as snow and wool, and there will be nearby sources for these materials should more be required. We shall have stores of Spruce, Oak, Beech and Acacia wood, so if you desire any other types of wood you will need to supply these yourself.

The city will be divided into two sections, an inner port and the outer harbour. The Inner port is accessible by a narrow channel of water with a draw bridge over it. Any vessels within this port will need to meet a maximum size capacity for this reason. Any ships larger than this should be built in the outer harbour.

Ships will be judged by a panel of (Unbaised) Perthian Lords with the final verdict resting with the Governor of Glas Claddach. Judges will be looking for style, efficiency, aesthetic appeal and practicality*. Any lore based additions to these vessels will be taken into account as well.

I look forward to seeing your contributions and may the best builder win.

*Criteria for judgement may be subject to whimsical changes dependent on the sobriety of the panel

Last edited by Flanders on June 5th, 2016, 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 5th, 2016, 1:16 pm 
King

I'll be along at once!

PostPosted: June 5th, 2016, 4:14 pm 

You are off on your dates here as well :p

PostPosted: June 5th, 2016, 9:54 pm 
Duke

The mercannum is incorrect, as you pointed out in the other post, but other than that its correct, this is in July.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2016, 8:22 pm 
King

Gentle Reminder.

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2016, 10:09 am 
Duke

Yes this is coming up. the valyrian wind has been decommissioned and work is due to start on expanding the outer harbour to make space for everyone's magnificent vessels.

PostPosted: July 6th, 2016, 2:50 am 
King

I would love to be part of this but I believe Kyn's bachelor party is this week. I will build a big ship when I return if I still can :) I have always wanted to test my skills at this.

PostPosted: July 10th, 2016, 4:41 pm 
Duke

I have an update on this competition. The dates that Glas Claddach will be open for ship building have been altered slightly to accommodate a discrepancy in my availability.

Essentially, I am being kidnapped this weekend to meet with some friends for my birthday, thus when I was originally intending to open the competition on Saturday night this is no longer available. As such I have decided to bring the start date forward and Glas Claddach will now be open for ship building as of Thursday Evening 8pm GMT (That's right, my competition, my time zone).

I will be away this weekend but next week I have got completely free so I will be around a lot. My Apologies for my absence in recent weeks, life happened, but I will be in game this week in prep and on Thursday to open the competition.

PostPosted: July 10th, 2016, 5:02 pm 
King

This weekend I'm gone too.

of River's End

PostPosted: July 11th, 2016, 7:09 pm 
Duke

Hello Folks! I'm pleased to announce I can now disclose the prizes for this competition. Below you can see them arranged with first prize on top, then second, third, and the emerald block at the bottom is for all runner-ups.

The first place winner will receive the highly coveted Ship Builder's Cup!

These are my payments for your services, please build for me.