All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 12th, 2016, 2:55 am 
King

So love this idea. Sam said he would build one for me in my absence!

PostPosted: July 12th, 2016, 3:36 am 
King

Certainly!

PostPosted: July 14th, 2016, 9:48 pm 
Duke

Okay Folks, the Ship Building Competition is officially open to all! Glas Claddach is open for everyone to come and have a go. There is space in the outer harbour for larger vessels. This is in the north of the city:

There is also an inner port for smaller vessels. Any vessel narrow enough to fit through the channel should be built in the inner port to the south:

There are also two inns which have been furnished (One of about 4 buildings in the city to have been furnished) called the Dancing Dragon and the Parked Pegasus. Dancing Dragon is in the Wheatmarket overlooking the inner harbour. From there, if you follow Bridgend lane up to Count road, then cross the road and to the right to port view road you'll find the Parked Pegasus. From the outer harbour, head through the tunnel and up the stone steps across the bay. All the streets are named.

After tonight I'll be away for a few days, I'll try to pop on on Saturday even if it's just fleeting to check on things, but I'll be back on from Sunday night onwards.

Cead Mile Failte, and I'll see you all later!

PostPosted: July 14th, 2016, 10:01 pm 

I'll be headed over there after I repair some tools and gather supplies in Acholm.

Do you have an area for tree farming, btw?

PostPosted: July 14th, 2016, 10:07 pm 
Duke

Indeed I do. I also realize some people may not know where Glas Claddach is. Here's a nether map with it helpfully signposted:

Across the inland sea there is a foresters hut complete with loads of saplings and leaves. There is a tiny pier at the waters edge of this. Also, up behind the stable there is a farm with lots of food in the wee farmhouse and sheep to sheer for wool. There is wood and wool already in the warehouse in the middle of the harbour and different colours of wool in one of the houses on Serf Lane across the wooden bridge from the main city. Help yourselves to any wool you may need.

PostPosted: July 24th, 2016, 12:13 am 
Duke

The Competition is complete! I am pleased to announce the winners and their entries.

First I'd like to thank everyone who participated (All 4 of you). I'd like to award the one and only runner up Squire who provided a wonderful entry in the form of a sunken Wysterian vessel.

Thank you for your "contribution." There is a block of emerald waiting for you when you wish to collect it.

Now the remaining three contenders were Samyrah, Myron, and Mark.

In third place with his version of a coastal rowing ship and a corresponding landing craft, Samyrah of Dawnstar. Very well done sir, there are 3 gold blocks and an emerald block waiting for you.

The competition between first and second place was so very close and both competitors should congratulate themselves on their efforts. I am saddened that I have to choose between two such fine additions but I must award second place to Mark Stefan of Ostroen. I must thank Mark for his contribution, it is truly a majestic vessel and beyond anything I could have expected. The attention to detail and ingenuity involved in creating this vessel is truly spectacular and it was honestly very very close. When I first saw this ship I thought I had a winner until Myron's vessel took shape, and it became less clear, I am just sorry that I had to pick only one.

I must admit the deciding moment was something I did not foresee as a measurable trait. It came when I was inspecting the vessels and preparing this post when a Skeleton archer spawned on the Ostroen vessel and proceeded to attack me. By this point I had already pretty much decided Mark was second, but this was a confirmation that my choice was the right one.

With such skill there can be no question of his worth to the server and I wish Mark all the luck in his future endeavors, he truly deserves it. There are three emerald blocks and a gold block awaiting you sir.

The criminal caught in the act:

Which means I now have the pleasure of announcing the winner of the Glas Claddach Ship Building Competition to be King Myron of Pyrencia with his vast galley. The vessel was built with such dedication and attention to detail that it serves as a stark reminder that, although he is oft seen as the joker of the server, he has indeed earned his rank of King and his skill reflects this. Thank you sir for your contribution, it shall be treasured forever on the shore of Glas Claddach. There are two blocks of diamond, a block of emerald, and the Ship Building Cup awaiting you when you are ready.

Again thank you all for your contributions, each effort is very much appreciated and it was tremendous fun to have you all round. Thank you.

PostPosted: July 24th, 2016, 12:32 am 
Duke

Much congratulations to the Pyrencians!

Protector of the Vahnic Exploration Company
Ilkhan of Greater Karastan-Laghima

PostPosted: July 26th, 2016, 2:49 am 
King

These ships are amazing! Good job everyone and thank you Morgana for holding such a great event within our borders. The Kingdom honours you!

PostPosted: July 26th, 2016, 3:15 am 
Duke

The interior of that Pyrencian ship is pretty amazing. It's much more expansive than I would have expected.