All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: December 30th, 2017, 7:25 pm 
Hey everyone, probably didn't expect to see me here again right? I need to clear some stuff up as there have been some serious accusations going around regarding me. But first I must acknowledge griefing Sam's place, it was a lapse of judgement on my part. Now on to some more recent things that have been floating around.

I've heard of accusations that I stole code used on the hermertia website to aid in the creation of the aldemeria website, this is not true. Firstly, the two websites use two completely different forum software (phpBB and myBB for hermertia and aldemeria respectively) which means cross-compatibility of any custom plugins is nearly impossible without major modifications. The only other place I could think of that I've written custom code is the calendar counter being used on both hermertia and aldemeria, but yet again they are based on two completely different calendar systems that makes cross-use very difficult. You may be thinking, "But Mimo, what about the retroactive date selectors? They look exactly the same!", and to that I direct you to this website: (https://jqueryui.com/datepicker/), I just used an example for a JQuery date picker and adapted it to each date system. There was no stealing of code from one site to another, I just used open source resources for both. So seriously, can we stop with the accusations and slandering of myself and any other members of either community? It’s getting rather old.

Take care,
Mimo

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: December 30th, 2017, 8:46 pm 
Duke

You all chose to leave this community and go over to the other one. Why even pay attention to what we say? You chose to seperate yourselves from us. I'm sure there's plenty of talk going on over there since there was when the community was still together. :)

Also it was said that it was a POSSIBILITY that you stole code.

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: December 30th, 2017, 8:58 pm 
Duke

Hey Mimo,

I honestly wouldn't care if you did take code and it sounds like you didn't. I honestly haven't heard anything about using our website code anyway, so I'm not sure where that is coming from. It was never our intention to slander anyone and I apologize on behalf of our community if it did occur. Hearsay and slander have already done enough damage, so let's just let everything be.

PostPosted: December 30th, 2017, 9:08 pm 
Duke

What I said wasn't just accusations, it was of importance to the community and their security. I'm not sure what other people have been saying, but what I told people was in regards to the SQL database. The person that was helping with the website had access to the database and he could have taken information for malicious purposes, and given the history of this person making malicious and impulsive attacks on this community, it is not out of the question that he would have. You can give us your word that you didn't do any of these things, but I don't think that anyone here is prepared to completely believe anything you say.

And to echo Aethemora, why do you even care?

PostPosted: December 30th, 2017, 9:11 pm 
Duke

Yeah we’re all friends here and I for one hold no I’ll will towards anyone on that server or this one. I think I heard mention of this once months ago and I’m sorry that you think it’s an ongoing discussion and we’re hurt by that. I assure you it’s not. Hope you’re well, and that life has been good to you!

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: December 30th, 2017, 9:28 pm 
These are all fair points and I appreciate the clarification

PostPosted: December 30th, 2017, 10:48 pm 
King

explain the ddos as well

PostPosted: December 31st, 2017, 1:43 am 
I'm flattered that you think I did that, but that was not me. To ddos a professionally hosted server would take too much time and energy I am not willing to put in (nor do I have to knowledge to). It looks like your server was attacked right at the end of March, which was less than a week from that semesters exam period. To suggest I would take time out of my day to (especially at the beginning of exams) to research, setup and execute such a task is absurd.

Look, I get lots of stuff happened during those few months but to assume that I would do something that is legitimately illegal just because something that happened inside a video game is ridiculous. Again, I did, nor did I ever think about trying to ddos or legitimately harm any server or website infrastructures, so stop telling current and new members that. Simply put, its not worth it trying to anything like that.

PostPosted: December 31st, 2017, 3:44 am 
King

well someone on your end did it most likely. only our IP was affected, the hosting company said only our IP was affected and none else. Wonder who would have the IP and want to take our server offline? pretty small list of people there. explain that

PostPosted: December 31st, 2017, 5:51 am 
You know what? I can't explain that, all I know is that it was not me who ddos'd your server. There has to be over 100 people between both communities that have/had the hermertia IP address (both old and new), all of who you could accuse of doing such a task (which once again, requires the person to do some very illegal actions to be successful). Honestly, the reason I came back and opened this thread was to attempt to clear the record of this shit. Clearly any attempt I make to do so will be blissfully ignored, so whatever.