Friday 17th 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Saturday 18th 11%  11%  [ 5 ]
Sunday 19th 11%  11%  [ 5 ]
Sunday 26th 11%  11%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 46
PostPosted: October 31st, 2017, 11:19 pm 
Duke

Hello Folks!!

So as you may be aware, there is a lore war we have been planning, it is very overdue and I apologise for the delays in this, however Sam and I have been talking and we have hit upon a cunning plan.

In order to do a PVP battle we need people to fight on both sides, the difficulty is that in this battle it makes more sense in the lore for people to fight on the Perth side instead of the Usurper's thus making the fight very one sided, so we have decided to not conduct the lore war in a classic PvP style, but instead to play an RPG game instead. There is also the small matter of me not being bothered to set up Strathceird for the PvP fight.

I've been playing an RPG style game with Sam recently called Dungeon World, I have attached the game files here with character sheets for anyone who is interested in playing. It's a very simplified rpg and most of the actions are decided with a 2d6 roll with modifiers between -3 and +3. On a roll 10+ the action succeeds, 7-9 it is successful but at a cost, and 6 below it fails.

I am setting up a game of this for you all so please if you are interested let me know, take a look at the character sheets and build your lore character within the minecraft world. The battle will be at Strathceird with Ainmire's forces attacking so plan your defence appropriately. I think with character if you aim for a level 4-5 character? That seems a good area to conduct a one-off game with. In terms of what you do with your character, this is based with Hermertia so if it makes sense within that context we can make the character sheet fit it (So I know the druid character sheet has shape shifting, I don't know of any lore within Hermertia that goes into that so probz best to leave that at the side).

Character sheets and other relevant documents can be found here:
http://www.dungeon-world.com/downloads/

Any questions let me know, but for now if you could let me know when you are available, I've put another poll on this post and this time I promise I will stick to it. I've added every weekend day November except 24-25 because I have Scouts that weekend and will be unavailable.

Edit: We are going to have this match in Tremaine instead. The Perth forces have marshalled their full strength and met their Cassadian allies to attack the city of Tremaine. I will also get the character sheets and make a basic google doc for you to fill in with the details you'll need. Watch this space.

Last edited by Flanders on November 1st, 2017, 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: October 31st, 2017, 11:55 pm 
Duke

How should one edit the character sheets?

It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." -Bilbo Baggins

Duke of Kaine

PostPosted: November 1st, 2017, 12:19 am 
Duke

I will get some google docs for you to fill in, I did not think that far ahead. Also I have edited the OP with this.

PostPosted: November 1st, 2017, 3:50 am 
King

I can help with any and all questions for this as I am familiar with the rules!

PostPosted: November 1st, 2017, 4:09 am 
Settler

I would love to join in on something like this count me in :)

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2017, 3:14 am 
King

Obviously count me in as well! Hopefully we can get some common dates lined up :)

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2017, 6:13 am 
Count

You can count me in aswell

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2017, 9:06 pm 
Duke

excellent, this Sunday is beginning to look increasingly likely. We'll probably use Roll20 because...why not? The link to the game will be here: https://app.roll20.net/join/2711246/wgocmg

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2017, 11:57 pm 
Duke

So the battle will be an assault on the city of Tremaine. I would advise visiting it to get an idea of the city. I also have a map kindly generated by Sam here:

PostPosted: November 4th, 2017, 11:21 am 
Duke

Given the response we'll host the game this Sunday evening, 10pm GMT, 6pm EST. Please ensure you have signed up for roll20 and joined the game on the link above. Please also ensure that you have though about what character you will be playing as.

Remember that this is a lore battle which means any deaths that occur to your characters during this will affect your characters within the lore of Hermertia, so if you're playing as your normal character be prepared for them to die.

If you have not yet done so, please also check out the character sheets that were available here: http://www.dungeon-world.com/downloads/ if you could have a go at creating a character, even just jotting it down on a sheet of paper or editing the document in paint, I was going to try and set up a google doc so we could share the character sheets but I've not had time, I will try to do that later today if I can.