All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 31st, 2017, 1:41 pm 
Settler

I know you guys are aiming to stay as vanilla as possible, but may I suggest adding the "armor stand editor" plugin? (Link: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/armo ... tor.44752/
I have not used this particular plugin so im not familliar with its mechanics, I've only used one that is now outdated unfortunately)
it allows normal players to edit armor stands in such a way that it makes poses, gives arms, that sort of stuff. And the reason I think it'd be nice is because it potentially adds in a ton of possibilities with builds
You can for example make tool racks with them, or aesthetic tents/barracks. Things that fit really well with this server's theme.
And even really nice furniture if you're creative

It makes something really decorative and detailed accessible for non-OPs, which I think would add a whole new level or challenge and creativity to builds.

PostPosted: August 31st, 2017, 3:07 pm 
King

We've discussed a little bit of extra mods before, but is one that I would however very much enjoy using. Nothing extra to the game is added, just get to manipulate existing items better. I like that.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

PostPosted: September 1st, 2017, 2:59 am 
Duke

Only problem is lag. I own another server that this is on and had to kill it very quickly because people overused it. It causes too many entities and it will kill people with bad computers.

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: September 1st, 2017, 1:04 pm 
Settler

Aethemora wrote:
Only problem is lag. I own another server that this is on and had to kill it very quickly because people overused it. It causes too many entities and it will kill people with bad computers.

That's true, lag will be a problem to bad computers. But then again, if someone expects people to live around them but puts a lot of armour stands in one place, that should be their responsibility if the civillians start complaining. I suggest we only allow about 20 armor stands in an area in that case. We don't need a lot of custom armor stands to make a place look much better.

PostPosted: September 1st, 2017, 2:21 pm 
King

I asked about this last night and it seems that it causes mega lag when its used, worth discussing more about potential caps to armour stands in areas, and whether or not they lag even more with this plugin, as I dont want any performance hits for the server, and I know almost nothing about what this will cause. I'll let the more informed minds chip in as well on this.
Keep up the good ideas, we do want to hear your voice on things!

PostPosted: September 1st, 2017, 4:58 pm 
Duke

It's all in entity count. We don't have a low cap on entity spawn so we'd have all the armor stands plus whatever spawns, plus whatever banners, item frames, paintings, animal farms etc. Plus people won't realize their areas are fucked til later when someones computer crashes.

At that point someone like siden will have to go in and kill all the armor stands. It even lags me and I have a fairly nice computer. Imagine what it could do to someone like Sam who has terrible connection. He wouldn't be able to get on if his computer crashed somewhere with too many entities. It could crash again when he loaded in.

I'm just trying to keep this server as lag free as possible and as vanilla as possible. It would be an interesting addition to the game and cool for decoration but it could end up just being another mess we'd have to clean up and not worth looking cool.

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" ~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: July 24th, 2019, 4:10 pm 
Duke

Please keep this thread on topic or I'll have Erastil send you more dirty messages.

PostPosted: July 25th, 2019, 2:50 am 
Duke

Armor stand editing is nice, but we really don't need more lag on the server.

(And Arcel is serious about those messages and their putridness)